D

Deleted member 178

There is no such thing as non-signature AV; AV by principle are signature-based.

Katana is more like a Behavior Blocker labelled as "antivirus" by their marketing staff so the Average Joe can identify what kind of software it is.

HarborFront

Level 54
Verified
Content Creator
If you are saying no need to download signatures then can consider Deep Armor, Cylance Protect, Immunet (free), Webroot SecureAnywhere etc.The first 2 don't require signatures for they are AI-based. The last 2 store the signatures in the cloud

Last edited:

Level 4
Please suggest some non-signature based Anti-virus like Dr.Web Katana (behavior based) both paid and free
Sounds like you would enjoy my setup, as i too prefer no real-time traditional antivirus.

Sandboxie + VoodooShield has you covered.
or
Sandboxie + NVT Exe Radar Pro
or
Sandboxie+ NVT OsArmor (I think Sandboxie+Exe Radar Pro + OSArmor is personally a bit too much, but you could do that too)
or
Sandboxie + SecureAPlus (uses cloud signatures from multi av, but its essentially an anti-exe such as VoodooShield/Exe Radar pro)

You can add as many on-demand scanners as you like too such as HitmanPro/Emsisoft Emergency Kit/Norton Power Eraser/MalwareBytes/Dr.Web Cure It etc.