Status
Not open for further replies.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I wondered if MT already have such thread that allow some experienced ppl to contribute some knowledge about internet security.

Recently I run through alot of readings and references to find out some interesting topics like kernel, buffer overflow, HIPS, IDS, etc... and somehow I see there is no section or thread that I could find some here.

Not sure if it a good idea, but I guess it would be a good idea to have a few computer experts to post some guides or articles about that.

For instance, I run through some youtube video and found a few nice one to explain to me those HIPS, IDS, etc...

Reactions: Jack and mal1

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I was actually thinking more of getting those knowledge organised in a single group thread. No doubt I do learn alot here (especially on Comodo post about HIPS) but not without getting scroll over those search post.

D

Deleted member 178

I was actually thinking more of getting those knowledge organised in a single group thread. No doubt I do learn alot here (especially on Comodo post about HIPS) but not without getting scroll over those search post.

for Comodo we already doing this. but it is a long and laborious work lol. and a single thread is impossible.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
for Comodo we already doing this. but it is a long and laborious work lol. and a single thread is impossible.

Haha, thanks @Umbra
Well, thanks to Comodo threads I know about HIPS but thats about it.
I mean I'm also interested to know what is sandbox and how it works, what is anti-exploit, what is ransomware (seems this is a hot topic) and how does it different from usual encryption by us.

With all these curiousity that I have, I admit I do have some difficulty browsing the search function for post related to these which able to explain these in layman's terms. Hence, created this suggestion thread to see if there is any plans for that? I'm not asking like what each software does, but more in general what these functions does in general (e.g. HIPS in all software and what it does).

D

Deleted member 178

CMLew said:
With all these curiousity that I have, I admit I do have some difficulty browsing the search function for post related to these which able to explain these in layman's terms. Hence, created this suggestion thread to see if there is any plans for that? I'm not asking like what each software does, but more in general what these functions does in general (e.g. HIPS in all software and what it does).

wikipedia? :p

Reactions: tallorder

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
wikipedia? :p

Seldom trust that. Plus sometimes they're too technical to understand as well; not to mention occassionally lack of explanation. Apparently Youtube has a few very nice video teaching those. That's where I learn whats is 0-days, man-in-the-middle, brute force attack etc.. :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think the current categories for this forum as enumerated are enough to post any useful information either basic to complex.

@CMLew You may share with us through posting the tutorial section for additional information to members. :)

Reactions: tallorder

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
That's what I did...used internet and wikipedia to search out terms I didn't know, so I could at least understand more of what was being suggested... guess I tried doing my homework!

+1, that's what I did for the past few weeks. Looking out wikis and google for geek terms. Information is so scattered that I have to reassemble it back
Currently digesting 193 pages of NVT thread post from WildersSecurity, since I installed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.