Help Me Decide Suites: Kaspersky 2017 or Emsisoft 12?

Discussion in 'Compare Apps Archive' started by amir 957, Jan 30, 2017.

Kaspersky IS 2017 or Emsisoft IS 12?

1. Kaspersky Internet Security 2017

23 vote(s)
  2. Emsisoft Internet Security 12

19 vote(s)
  1. amir 957

amir 957 Level 4

Jan 9, 2017
    Windows 10
    List of products to compare:
    Kaspersky Internet Secirity 2017 vs Emsisoft Internet Security 12
    What I am most interested about:
    • Learning curve (Ease of Use)
    • Exclusive Features & Functionality
    Why I want to compare:
    I have used them both
    I love them two but i can't choose which is better
    Hi guys
    I want to now your opinion
    Which has better (database, BB and...)
    Wich has better Real time protection at all?
    Thank You
    aragornnnn, Mr.Pr, In2an3_PpG and 3 others like this.
  2. Evjl's Rain

Evjl's Rain Level 31
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 18, 2016
    Windows 8.1
    any of them is good
    get the one you can get for a cheaper price

but about system performance, emsisoft is faster
    aragornnnn, Mr.Pr, In2an3_PpG and 7 others like this.
  3. LukeNukesEm

LukeNukesEm Level 5

Sep 14, 2016
    The Moon
    Windows 10
    Very close competition. But I vote kaspersky, personally think they have the slight edge. I use Emsisoft anti-malware and comodo firewall. It's a good combo to be better than kaspersky.
    PCGamer, aragornnnn, Mr.Pr and 7 others like this.
  4. Mr.Pr

Mr.Pr Level 5

Apr 6, 2016
    Windows 10
    Doctor Web
    Firewall: both are equal ( of cours Kaspersky Firewall even at 2017 version had a bug i don't know if its fixed now )
    Database: Kaspersky is always win in this case
    Behavior Blocker: Kaspersky System Watcher is enough to beat Emsisoft
    Privacy? Oh my, my friend, if you care even a bit about your Privacy, you need to forget about Kaspersky and choose Emsisoft. thats a choice for sure

and Support: Kaspersky Support is Respectfull and helpful, Emsisoft Support is respectfull and helpful too, but as i remember their CTO ( Fabian Wosar ) was/is/will be a realy rude and ...

another thing which was bothering me about Emsisoft, is that they offer equal support to You ( as a paid customer ) and the others ( as another AVs customers ! ) you will have not any higher priority ! thats bad IMO. not bad, very bad !
  5. jerzy601

jerzy601 Level 13

Jun 20, 2011
    Windows 8.1
    I personally would choose Emisoft has a good detection rate is faster and has a good barrier, although kaspersy also has a good firewall.
    my vote for Emsisoft.
    nothing to put Kasperskymu.
    aragornnnn, Mr.Pr, In2an3_PpG and 3 others like this.
  6. Svoll

Svoll Level 12

Nov 17, 2016
    Student/Engineering Failure
    MacOS High Sierra
    Emsisoft for me, Very light, fast, and user friendly. Out of the two, both are great, Emsisoft wins my heart with lighter footprint and faster scans. Be prepare for KIS when you run a scan, it takes a while.
    aragornnnn, Mr.Pr, In2an3_PpG and 5 others like this.
  7. spaceoctopus

spaceoctopus Level 11

Jul 13, 2014
    Distant galaxy
    Windows 10
    I choose EIS 12. Fast, light, effective, straightforward, simple to use and configure, and a powerful BB for zero-days. All that at a very good price.:)
    aragornnnn, Mr.Pr, In2an3_PpG and 4 others like this.
  8. Yash Khan

Yash Khan Level 51

Oct 22, 2012
    Both provide excellent protection And you cant go wrong with any.

Emsisoft have no bloats or additional non-security related stuffs. Its occasional popups requiring user input to allow/block stuffs could be a prob for average users But you mentioned "learning curve with ease of use" so you may like EIS. It was little heavy on my system i.e on reaching desktop, taskbar icons appeared little late & system took little time to settle down.

Kaspersky have few bloats or non-security related stuffs. I use to disable modules/features like privacy, ads, software updater, etc. No prob for average users with defaults But no learning curve with Kaspersky defaults too i.e kinda automatic. It was fine on my system with no probs.
  9. KGBagent47

KGBagent47 Guest

I'll give K the edge because if you read through the community post on virus total on a routine basis Kaspersky just always seems to be a step ahead of the competition esp with ransomware. Both are great though and occasionally you'll find Emsisoft detecting viruses with their own engine that Bitdefender doesn't have yet.

But if usage is a concern I would use EIS or consider using KAV.
  10. aragornnnn

aragornnnn Level 11

Aug 18, 2016
    Warehouse Employee @ Nike ELC Belgium
    Windows 10
    I choose Kapsersky because i don't care about "slow" scan speeds... i just want the highest protection available.
    All we pay for is protection right?

Still much love for Emsisoft great company with an amazingly high quality product ;)
  11. hamo

hamo Level 8

Mar 30, 2014
    Windows 10
  12. In2an3_PpG

In2an3_PpG Level 12

Nov 15, 2016
    IT Jr. Network Admin
    United States
    Windows 10
    Another vote for Emsisoft right here. As stated above, besides the likes of Webroot or Eset, you just cant beat the light footprint of Emsisoft. Their behavioral blocker is by far one of the best and i don't know of any other company that can outmatch Emsisofts customer support.
    Svoll, KGBagent47, Fritz and 6 others like this.
  13. giants8058

giants8058 Level 4

Jan 26, 2016
    Windows 7
    I'm conflicted with this one. Have been using Emisoft AM for almost 3 years now, but my license is expiring soon. From what I saw from Malware Hub and personal testing, Kaspersky is no joke. It seems to shut down pretty much anything you throw at it. Not to mention from what I saw, it implements protection from the kernel level. As for Emsisoft, I'm seeing some questionable results in the Malware Hub as of late. Have they dropped off recently? But with Emsisoft you get little system performance impact and you know your privacy is safe. Where as with Kaspersky, it's been known to affect system performance for some people, and I'm not sure what to think about privacy with them. Do you guys trust them? I tend to avoid software from countries with more authoritarian type governments. That's why I don't run anything from China. Sorry, no thanks. But having 400+ million customers, do you think Kaspersky would risk their customer's trust, in the event their government put some pressure on them. But not for nothing after all the Snowden revelations, I don't trust our government as far as I can throw them.
    amir 957 likes this.