Battle Suites: Kaspersky 2017 or Emsisoft 12?

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Firewall: both are equal ( of cours Kaspersky Firewall even at 2017 version had a bug i don't know if its fixed now )
Database: Kaspersky is always win in this case
Behavior Blocker: Kaspersky System Watcher is enough to beat Emsisoft
Privacy? Oh my, my friend, if you care even a bit about your Privacy, you need to forget about Kaspersky and choose Emsisoft. thats a choice for sure

and Support: Kaspersky Support is Respectfull and helpful, Emsisoft Support is respectfull and helpful too, but as i remember their CTO ( Fabian Wosar ) was/is/will be a realy rude and ...

another thing which was bothering me about Emsisoft, is that they offer equal support to You ( as a paid customer ) and the others ( as another AVs customers ! ) you will have not any higher priority ! thats bad IMO. not bad, very bad !

D

Deleted member 2913

Both provide excellent protection And you cant go wrong with any.

Emsisoft have no bloats or additional non-security related stuffs. Its occasional popups requiring user input to allow/block stuffs could be a prob for average users But you mentioned "learning curve with ease of use" so you may like EIS. It was little heavy on my system i.e on reaching desktop, taskbar icons appeared little late & system took little time to settle down.

Kaspersky have few bloats or non-security related stuffs. I use to disable modules/features like privacy, ads, software updater, etc. No prob for average users with defaults But no learning curve with Kaspersky defaults too i.e kinda automatic. It was fine on my system with no probs.

K

KGBagent47

I'll give K the edge because if you read through the community post on virus total on a routine basis Kaspersky just always seems to be a step ahead of the competition esp with ransomware. Both are great though and occasionally you'll find Emsisoft detecting viruses with their own engine that Bitdefender doesn't have yet.

But if usage is a concern I would use EIS or consider using KAV.

hamo

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
Firewall: both are equal ( of cours Kaspersky Firewall even at 2017 version had a bug i don't know if its fixed now )
Database: Kaspersky is always win in this case
Behavior Blocker: Kaspersky System Watcher is enough to beat Emsisoft
Privacy? Oh my, my friend, if you care even a bit about your Privacy, you need to forget about Kaspersky and choose Emsisoft. thats a choice for sure

and Support: Kaspersky Support is Respectfull and helpful, Emsisoft Support is respectfull and helpful too, but as i remember their CTO ( Fabian Wosar ) was/is/will be a realy rude and ...

another thing which was bothering me about Emsisoft, is that they offer equal support to You ( as a paid customer ) and the others ( as another AVs customers ! ) you will have not any higher priority ! thats bad IMO. not bad, very bad !

+1

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Another vote for Emsisoft right here. As stated above, besides the likes of Webroot or Eset, you just cant beat the light footprint of Emsisoft. Their behavioral blocker is by far one of the best and i don't know of any other company that can outmatch Emsisofts customer support.

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
I'm conflicted with this one. Have been using Emisoft AM for almost 3 years now, but my license is expiring soon. From what I saw from Malware Hub and personal testing, Kaspersky is no joke. It seems to shut down pretty much anything you throw at it. Not to mention from what I saw, it implements protection from the kernel level. As for Emsisoft, I'm seeing some questionable results in the Malware Hub as of late. Have they dropped off recently? But with Emsisoft you get little system performance impact and you know your privacy is safe. Where as with Kaspersky, it's been known to affect system performance for some people, and I'm not sure what to think about privacy with them. Do you guys trust them? I tend to avoid software from countries with more authoritarian type governments. That's why I don't run anything from China. Sorry, no thanks. But having 400+ million customers, do you think Kaspersky would risk their customer's trust, in the event their government put some pressure on them. But not for nothing after all the Snowden revelations, I don't trust our government as far as I can throw them.

Reactions: amir 957

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.