Advice Request Suites with Proven Behavior Blockers that you Trust and Recommend

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I have recently been using Eset Internet Security 2019 which just received this feature in an update .

Being that many here recommend a suite that contains a Behavior Blocker, and being that Eset's is new, are there any suites with proven BB that you trust and would recommend?

Last edited:

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
if you are a random guy love to see how BB works and just like to get a software installed on your PC that is realy good at BB, only BB, Don't open the spoiler since you are not gonna like it.

Kaspersky got a very good BB at most cases, Emsisoft is decent and i can add just 2-3 more like GData Norton F-Secure.
*but if you like to go deeper, feel free to click on Spoiler.

i recommend not using Kaspersky, Symantec, McAfee, Emsisoft, Bitdefender

the first 2 are good in term of Behavior Blocker but are you just looking for a product that being good in the specific module? when you say Behavior Blocker it means you like to have protection against all type of malware and well cybersecurity era is not that simple anymore, Kaspersky is the best for you if you are Russian. if American then go Symantec for sure. McAfee? well just like our man John McAfee says just uninstall that #####.

Emsisoft? IMHO it's just too small to protect anyone. i always call them bunch of programmer. i honestly can choose between bunch of programmer to take care of my online safety, and a real company. i'd prefer the real company but this "Opinion" can be different on any person that's just mine.

Bitdefender already failed several times in protecting themselves, how they can protect you if they can't protect their very own servers.

ESET got a Behavior Blocker? even if they got one, it should not be able to protect you that well comparing to the current better choices.

now what i do recommend, F-Secure, GData. you know the products that nothing can affect on their protection that's what i recommend and it is also considering Behavior Blocker too.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
if you are a random guy love to see how BB works and just like to get a software installed on your PC that is realy good at BB, only BB, Don't open the spoiler since you are not gonna like it.

Kaspersky got a very good BB at most cases, Emsisoft is decent and i can add just 2-3 more like GData Norton F-Secure.
*but if you like to go deeper, feel free to click on Spoiler.

i recommend not using Kaspersky, Symantec, McAfee, Emsisoft, Bitdefender

the first 2 are good in term of Behavior Blocker but are you just looking for a product that being good in the specific module? when you say Behavior Blocker it means you like to have protection against all type of malware and well cybersecurity era is not that simple anymore, Kaspersky is the best for you if you are Russian. if American then go Symantec for sure. McAfee? well just like our man John McAfee says just uninstall that ****.

Emsisoft? IMHO it's just too small to protect anyone. i always call them bunch of programmer. i honestly can choose between bunch of programmer to take care of my online safety, and a real company. i'd prefer the real company but this "Opinion" can be different on any person that's just mine.

Bitdefender already failed several times in protecting themselves, how they can protect you if they can't protect their very own servers.

ESET got a Behavior Blocker? even if they got one, it should not be able to protect you that well comparing to the current better choices.

now what i do recommend, F-Secure, G Data. you know the products that nothing can affect on their protection that's what i recommend and it is also considering Behavior Blocker too.
Fsecure has failed before in self protection from being modified with different malware. a lot of false positives and slow response for deep guard.
for GData their product improved very well but i do not like their performance (install different version but still consume a lot of resources

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I have recently been using Eset Internet Security 2019 which just received this feature in an update .

Being that many here recommend a suite that contains a Behavior Blocker, and being that Eset's is new, are there any suites with proven BB that you trust and would recommend?
I don't see it mention that ESET IS has a BB

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Most AVs have behavior blocking but don't always call it exactly that. It's a semantics game. They call their modules whatever they feel like or whatever they think will impress their (mostly ignorant) customers. ESET surely had modules all along that blocked on the basis of behavior. I think they called it HIPS.

That said, Kaspersky has the most outstanding ability to block zero-days, as witnessed in the MalwareHub, and that points to a strong BB.

But this doesn't mean you should choose Kaspersky. On Windows 10, you can use Windows Defender tweaked by ConfigureDefender, for instance. Or whatever 3rd party AV you like.

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
unfortunetely, i havnt tried most as all are now part of 'suites' which i detest.

However, I was once a customer for years of Online Armor Premium > so they are proven (At least in the past)

Online Armor was one of the top tier BB along with Cyberhawk, they knew what they were doing, they probably still do.

I do wish these companies would once again seperate their products for cheaper prices to those of us who dont want the all-in-1 suites.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Does the monitor settings come with any blocker settings?

This is to what they are referring:

They are calling it Deep Behavioral Inspection with only one setting as you can see.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Changelog

Added: Behavioral Monitor settings in “Advanced setup”
Added: Indonesian localization
Added: Customer Experience Improvement Program
Added: EULA and Privacy Policy links added to “About” screen
Added: Automatic detection of Airplane mode
Added: Information about scanned files by Real-time file system protection
Improved: Reduced size of installer
Improved: Product upgrade process including over-night updates
Improved: PUA communication and term use throughout product (“Threat” has been replaced with “Detection” when PUA is detected)
Improved: Redesigned Webcam protection rules editor in “Advanced setup”
Improved: User is notified if Banking and Payment Protection is running on unsecured WiFi
Improved: Updated in-browser page layout of Banking and Payment Protection
Improved: Minor user interface improvements on Computer scan screen
Improved: Communication of referral across product
Improved: Minor user interface improvements on Security Report page
Changed: EGUI runs only when it is necessary
Fixed: Various functional and localization bugs

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.