Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Kaspersky Internet Security, Zone alarm Firewall
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zamana Antimalware (Pro), Malawarebyte antimalaware (free), Hitman (Trial)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Goggle Chrome, Firefox, Opera
Maintenance tools
CCleaner (free)
File and Photo backup
Windowa Default
System recovery
Windows default

MalwareDetective

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 16, 2013
Thanks for sharing your config! :)
It looks very good except the fact you don't have any on-demand scanners. I will very recommend to download one like: malwarebytes' or Hitman pro.
I will also recommend you to change to another software the "Iobit malware fighter". it's detection very very low (from experience).

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Thanks for sharing your config! :)
It looks very good except the fact you don't have any on-demand scanners. I will very recommend to download one like: malwarebytes' or Hitman pro.
I will also recommend you to change to another software the "Iobit malware fighter". it's detection very very low (from experience).
Ditto for me to this!!!

Thanks for sharing your Config :)

Reactions: SHvFl

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Do you have the real time protection enabled in Malwarebytes Pro ? That has been know to cause conflicts with Bitdefender.
Bitdefender has fixed the issues with Malwarebytes free.If you have the real time protection enabled in MBAM Pro I would disable it and use MBAM pro as an On-Demand scanner

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
Do you have the real time protection enabled in Malwarebytes Pro ? That has been know to cause conflicts with Bitdefender.
Bitdefender has fixed the issues with Malwarebytes free.If you have the real time protection enabled in MBAM Pro I would disable it and use MBAM pro as an On-Demand scanner

thank u exterminator20... i honestly say Does antimalware byte really conflict with bitdifender? i dont know!!!!

And I get my normaly 1.5 to 2 mbps speed in my broad band.. but today i realise drammatically bandewith speed drop down after installing Bitdefender total.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You can upgrade to Windows 10, issues will not only fix but also improve the security mechanism.

Bare in mind where force update will occur, and you will only use metered connection as a delaying process to avoid downloading.

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
Thaks for ur valuable comment. But due to minimum bandwith of data and slow speed its not possible to upgrade win10 at this time. I want to know is it suffcient or do more upgrade with my present security config.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Maybe add a password manager such as LastPass other than that it looks good to me. ;)

Thanks for sharing with us. :)

Reactions: aragornnnn

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.