Lenovo Solution Center, Lenovo Companion, Lenovo OneKey Recovery

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Some suggestions:

Important:
-UAC on
-Emsisoft Emergency Kit as a second opinion scanner alongside MBAM (you can add hitmanpro too)
-add some kind of backup as windows in-built feature or a cloud space (google drive, onedrive, mega, etc...)
-add an adblocker to your browsers (adguard or adblock edge) and a privacy extension (ghostery or disconnect)

Optional:
-try using K9webfilter and sanboxie to enhance your pc protection

;)

Sundaram999

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2014
Some suggestions:

Important:
-UAC on
-Emsisoft Emergency Kit as a second opinion scanner alongside MBAM (you can add hitmanpro too)
-add some kind of backup as windows in-built feature or a cloud space (google drive, onedrive, mega, etc...)
-add an adblocker to your browsers (adguard or adblock edge) and a privacy extension (ghostery or disconnect)

Optional:
-try using K9webfilter and sanboxie to enhance your pc protection

;)
Thanks!!! :D i-m using mega & onedrive

Reactions: Logethica and vrb93
M

MalwareT

Nice config :) :cool:

Suggestions:

1)Enable UAC ;
2)WOT is not necessary next to 360 Web Threat Protection because it's very powerful;
3)Add Emsisoft Emergency Kit to scanners because you can't just rely on one scanner (i'm using Norman Malware Cleaner once per week and Emsisoft Emergency Kit);
4)If you dont have SP1 installed, install it because it fixes all bugs and security holes;
5)Do a monthly backup of your important files on Dropbox (2GB),OneDrive (15GB) or even if you need more space MEGA (50GB).
6)Add Sandboxie and browse sandboxed.
7)Add AdGuard, it's much lighter than ABP (extension).

Sundaram999

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2014
Nice config :) :cool:

Suggestions:

1)Enable UAC ;
2)WOT is not necessary next to 360 Web Threat Protection because it's very powerful;
3)Add Emsisoft Emergency Kit to scanners because you can't just rely on one scanner (i'm using Norman Malware Cleaner once per week and Emsisoft Emergency Kit);
4)If you dont have SP1 installed, install it because it fixes all bugs and security holes;
5)Do a monthly backup of your important files on Dropbox (2GB),OneDrive (15GB) or even if you need more space MEGA (50GB).
6)Add Sandboxie and browse sandboxed.
7)Add AdGuard, it's much lighter than ABP (extension).
Thank You so much! :)))))

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your configuration, Sundaram999.
I like the advice our insightful fellow members have shared.:D
  • Enabled UAC = Safety from system changes
Choose extensions for Chrome & Firefox as follows:
  • AdGuard, Disconnect, ScriptBlock - *Chrome
  • Adblock Edge, Ghostery (cookie blocking function only in FF), SelfDestructing Cookies (eliminates cookies prior to leaving sites/negates tracking), NoScript - *Firefox
  • LastPass https://lastpass.com/ - *Chrome + Firefox

Sundaram999

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2014
Thank you for sharing your configuration, Sundaram999.
I like the advice our insightful fellow members have shared.:D
  • Enabled UAC = Safety from system changes
Choose extensions for Chrome & Firefox as follows:
  • AdGuard, Disconnect, ScriptBlock - *Chrome
  • Adblock Edge, Ghostery (cookie blocking function only in FF), SelfDestructing Cookies (eliminates cookies prior to leaving sites/negates tracking), NoScript - *Firefox
  • LastPass https://lastpass.com/ - *Chrome + Firefox
Thank You so much!!!

Reactions: Logethica

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Definitely enable UAC.As others have said adding more than one on demand scanner is a good move.Looks good!! Thanks for sharing your config :)

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Going to pass on UAC as everyone seems to repeat it when someone forgets to enable it.

Also, may I ask why you're running Windows 7 Ultimate ? You're running the x86 version of it, then I guess that you're specs aren't that great, right ? Do you use all the features Ultimate have to offer or do you just let it bloat your system and take up your resources for nothing ?

Is that copy of Windows pirated ?

Sundaram999

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2014
first i must apologize for my bad english. i want thank you for your comment :) all these questions have 1 answer (i think) - copy of my Windows is pirated, very likely. as elsewhere in post USSR contries :)

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
first i must apologize for my bad english. i want thank you for your comment :) all these questions have 1 answer (i think) - copy of my Windows is pirated, very likely. as elsewhere in post USSR contries :)

That's what I thought.
What are your computer specs ? Also, do you use all the features Ultimate have to provide or not ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.