Status
Not open for further replies.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Hopefully MBAM isn't on the same path. Doesn't seem to be many decent second opinion scanners out there now.

- Emsisoft seems fairly slow, but very good at detecting threats
- MBAM only seems to be good at catching PUPs, product going hill
- Zemana updating from the cloud seems to be the best one going so far, but no software updates is months
- SUPERAntiSpyware is just crud
- Spybot Search & Destroy has falling from grace
- ADWCleaner, NPE & Kaspersky Virus Cleaner are only good if you know there's infection on your PC
- Herdprotect is now defunct, no longer exists
- Hitmanpro has a trial, but very good software
- Comodo Malware Cleaning Tool is effective, but also slow
- GMER is too niche
- Avira PC Cleaner is old
- VT Uploader only good for individual files
Probs some others out there as well which I do not know anything about whatsoever.

~LDogg

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Funny that when the detection is getting lower, the font on product's webpage is getting higher. I guess that is, what being desperate means.

Attachments

• capture_11082018_235851.jpg
    capture_11082018_235851.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 310

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
New features, improvements? Upcoming new features? :unsure:At least the website had a big change;)
It was among the most popular products 12 yrs ago. I would be happy to see some constructive development:emoji_grimacing:

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Won't get any constructive development with this company.

~LDogg

Reactions: Burrito

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I found some old lifetime codes out & was very surprised when the first one I tried worked. I used this program a fair bit some years ago, the codes .zip file was dated 2010. I installed the program just for fun really & its very slick & it all makes sense, actually quite impressed so out of interest running it for a while with KIS. Scanning speed was really fast, how well it performs with malware I don't know but it runs well. No slowdown of the PC was detected with maintaining fast boot & no issues. I will see how it goes. :)

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
I found some old lifetime codes out & was very surprised when the first one I tried worked. I used this program a fair bit some years ago, the codes .zip file was dated 2010. I installed the program just for fun really & its very slick & it all makes sense, actually quite impressed so out of interest running it for a while with KIS. Scanning speed was really fast, how well it performs with malware I don't know but it runs well. No slowdown of the PC was detected with maintaining fast boot & no issues. I will see how it goes. :)

Nice GUI doesn't really matter if it really doesn't do anything.

The serious testing organizations stopped testing it when it was testing at a 40-50% detection rate when everybody else was 90%+.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Nice GUI doesn't really matter if it really doesn't do anything.

The serious testing organizations stopped testing it when it was testing at a 40-50% detection rate when everybody else was 90%+.

I do realise that, (as not my first day on earth) which is why my keys remained zipped up for several years. However times & programs change, just 18 months or so ago on here & elsewhere ZAM & ZAL were highly regarded, not so much now. Mbam years ago was the best anti-malware around now a shadow of its former self. On the flip-side Norton a few years ago ended up as bloated garbage but now being better regarded again as it was 15 years ago.

As to a programs GUI I disagree totally, the GUI matters a great deal to most people me included, but obviously the program needed to function well, but the GUI does matter (Windows 8) - SAS may still be not very good but I gave it a try & its got a lot going for it, they may have employed more/new staff/engine, I don't know but be aware the one constant in life is is change. At least I tried it & it seems you didn't bother. Thanks for your comments, most unhelpful :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.