App Review Superantispyware Pro 5 Review and Test by TheBuckBull

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
Well, that was encouraging... :rolleyes:

Too bad. I guess I won't bother installing (at this point) even though I have a lifetime license.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
blues said:
Well, that was encouraging... :rolleyes:

Too bad. I guess I won't bother installing (at this point) even though I have a lifetime license.

i just update to new version. and just for on-demand.

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
Yeah, that's not a bad idea...but with MBAM (real-time) and Hitman Pro and EAM on demand, I'm not convinced that SAS adds anything of value at this point. Still, it probably couldn't hurt for a fourth line of defense, I'm just not going there at the moment.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
blues said:
Yeah, that's not a bad idea...but with MBAM (real-time) and Hitman Pro and EAM on demand, I'm not convinced that SAS adds anything of value at this point. Still, it probably couldn't hurt for a fourth line of defense, I'm just not going there at the moment.

for now, TOP detection rate for on-demand is EAM, hitman pro, MBAM.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
No point using MBAM and SAS in my opinion. There's a severely diminishing return.

EDIT: How can it be using that little RAM?

B

Brian

Hi,

I would like to point out some things:

You need to keep in mind that no single on-demand scanner will detect and remove 100% of all malware. I think some of you are underestimating the removal capabilities of SuperAntiSpyware. The video clearly shows that it's able to remove serious infections, such as ransomware. You also need to keep in mind that SuperAntiSpyware was tested against the latest malware threats in this video. This makes it difficult for any on-demand scanner to keep up (due to the speed of new malware variations). This is exactly the reason why I recommend 3 on-demand scanners in my removal guide.

I, for one, will continue to recommend and use SuperAntiSpyware as an on-demand scanner. By the way, thanks for sharing video, win7holic. :)

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
I agree Geohac and I look forward to more reviews so that I can get a better idea of its realtime capabilities.

Still, the test is discouraging.

I wouldn't use SAS or any AV (especially a pay-only one) for realtime protection but I do use it for removal and it's always been good for that.

I

illumination

geohac said:
Hi,

I would like to point out some things:

You need to keep in mind that no single on-demand scanner will detect and remove 100% of all malware. I think some of you are underestimating the removal capabilities of SuperAntiSpyware. The video clearly shows that it's able to remove serious infections, such as ransomware. You also need to keep in mind that SuperAntiSpyware was tested against the latest malware threats in this video. This makes it difficult for any on-demand scanner to keep up (due to the speed of new malware variations). This is exactly the reason why I recommend 3 on-demand scanners in my removal guide.

I, for one, will continue to recommend and use SuperAntiSpyware as an on-demand scanner. By the way, thanks for sharing video, win7holic. :)

I agree totally with you on this geohac.. None of them are 100%, by utilizing several on demand scanners, you increase the odds of finding all infections. I still use SAS along with the others.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011

thanks, me too. just use SAS as on-demand :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.