Support a Charity with AmazonSmile (Bookmark & Share!)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.

How much of my purchase does Amazon donate?
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. No cost to you.

About: AmazonSmile Program Details
FAQ: About AmazonSmile: Program details and FAQ

AmazonSmile Foundation relies on word of mouth and does not use paid advertisement. It's also why you may get prompted to install the Amazon Assistant for your browser. (See image below).

If you don't want to use the Assistant extension, you can bookmark the site instead - according to your region. But remember the Amazon app (iOS, Android) won't be running on Smile.

Update:
If logged into your Amazon account (in the browser), then Amazon Assistant will show this.
upload_2018-2-2_22-22-35.png

If you visit Amazon website, you'll be reminded to switch.
upload_2018-2-8_19-31-57.png

If you already support your own-picked charities, you are not being forced to use AmazonSmile.

Will you make the switch?

Last edited:

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Thanks for sharing, i use Amazon occasionally and didn't know anything about this so i will definitely take a look at it, it's always nice to support others when you can and more so if it is isn't actually costing you any more than you would have paid anyway. I do it through various other online places i shop at.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.