New Update Sur.ly Surfguard preview safety status of a link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Sur.ly Surfguard shows safety status of a link before you click on it. It only highlights links with adult or malware content - if you hit the link, with the mouse.

Sur.ly Surfguard allows you to preview safety status of a link before clicking it.

Sur.ly Surfguard detects and highlights all hyperlinks with non-recommended target content (adult or malware sites), so you can always make an informed decision on whether to follow them or not. Just move and hold your mouse over the link before you click - if it's not safe for a reason, you'll see pop-up notification with details.

Version: 1.1
Updated: September 7, 2017
Size: 71.57KiB

Read about it on Sur.ly web safety platform: link at the bottom of Sur.ly page in the News ..

- yes, it works, very well! On Google, Qwant.com, searx.me and other search engines - all I think!:)
Google Safe Browsing, SiteAdvisor, WOT together in this nice extension.
It's a great find, ah!

PS. Official website are interesting for website owners ..
Review for malwaretips.com: malwaretips.com - MalwareTips - Your Security Ad... - Malware Tips - Excellent!

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Sur.ly Surfguard is better than Netcraft extension, I think.

I have too, available for all browsers and platforms, Insight™ (brief website analytics) extension, version 0.1.4 :
Insight™ (brief website analytics) - by Grephy

Provides website information such as Rank, and checks URLs against suspected pages.
Insight™ addon provides a concise insight about all the websites you visit.

Some Features:
a. Gives you a concise information about the websites you visit (such as site-rank and number of visitors).
b. Uses Safe-Browsing data to provide information about Site's Health.
c. Uses Amazon's Alexa to provide information about Site's Rank.
d. URL-bar icon changes color based on Safe-Browsing data from Google (Green is safe and Yellow is a malicious URL, Gray is loading status).
e. Hovering the mouse over URL-bar icon shows a tool-tip text about the current Tab URL.
f. You can analyze any URL from the URL-bar popup window (please add "http://" or "https://" before adding the URL).

Note 1: Insight™ is NOT intended to be used as an Anti-virus or page Blocker. It is only an informative Addon to give you a brief information about websites and URLs you visit.
- after you click on your link.

Last edited:
Reactions: XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.