Surface Laptop; 13.5-inch PixelSense display and Windows 10 S (Official)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Ahead of Microsoft's big press event in New York City today, Twitter user WalkingCat has leaked some images of what appears to be the tech giant's answer to all the popular, low-cost Google Chromebooks now flooding the market.

Simply dubbed 'Surface Laptop' in the Twitter post, the unit is said to pack a 13.5-inch PixelSense display with a 'flocked Alcantara' material – that’s the same microfiber fabric found on some Surface keyboard covers – surrounding its keyboard and trackpad. It will also reportedly run a new lightweight version of Windows called Windows 10 S.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
More details :
Key features of the Surface Laptop include:
  • 13.5-inch PixelSense display with 2256x1504px resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
  • 7th-generation (Skylake) Intel Core i5 and i7 processors
  • 4GB / 8GB / 16GB RAM
  • 128GB / 256GB / 512GB
  • Intel HD Graphics 620 or Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
  • 802.11ac Wi-Fi
  • Ambient light sensor
  • 720p webcam
  • Windows Hello facial recognition
  • TPM chip
  • 1 x USB 3.0 Type-A port
  • 1 x Mini DisplayPort
  • 3.5mm headphone jack
  • 308 x 223 x 14.5mm; 1.25kg
The Surface Laptop is priced from $999 for the entry-level Core i5 model with 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD and Intel HD Graphics - and that will put it far out of the reach of many schools and universities. Indeed, while it will run Windows 10 S, that pricing will likely make the device an easier sell for those in higher education, as well as consumers and businesses
A touch of class: Microsoft unveils the premium Surface Laptop, priced from $999

Reactions: tonibalas

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Indeed, while it will run Windows 10 S, that pricing will likely make the device an easier sell for those in higher education, as well as consumers and businesses
Free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro before end of 2017.

Reactions: BoraMurdar

ctrlz

Level 2
Verified
Mar 20, 2017
I do really like Surfaces.. unfortunately they are really really expensive

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.