Solved Survey Adware - Doesn't show on any scan I've run.

Shinydevice

Thread author
Oct 18, 2016
Pretty much everything said above. Scroll through Tumblr trying to relax after work, sudden redirect to the Survey 2016 thing on some Brexit site with a picture of Theresa May. I've tried every scan recommended and quite a few other things besides. When it hits seems random, I can go for ages without and think I've finally got rid and other times it happens as soon as I open the website.

Doesn't seem to be happening anywhere else I visit, just Tumblr. Might get me off that hellsite, but the point is if there's adware on my machine I want it gone. Started over the weekend but I'm not sure exactly when as I've been wiped out from work.

Oh yeah, this is only on Google Chrome, I haven't tried another browser yet.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    165.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Addition.txt
    48 KB · Views: 3

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 4

Shinydevice

Thread author
Oct 18, 2016
No, had about... ten minutes? Eight? Then the attached picture happened. I was almost ready to start celebrating.

Attachments

• anger.png
    anger.png
    166.9 KB · Views: 8

Shinydevice

Thread author
Oct 18, 2016
uBlock Origin seems to have solved the problem! Not counting all my chickens yet, but I'm hopeful. I'm glad it's not on my PC at least, so thank you for ascertaining that, and for all your help and fast responses in general.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.