Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Microsoft has big plans for its new Windows 10 operating system, as the company publicly stated it’s aiming for over a billion devices running the OS. Luckily, lots of businesses seem to be quite eager to jump on Windows 10, making that target very achievable.

interest_in_windows_10_it_pro_spiceworks_2.jpg

According to a recent survey from SpiceWorks, which targeted IT pros and those in the enterprise, a huge number of businesses are very interested in adopting Windows 10. According to this data, 94% of those asked were interested in learning more about Microsoft’s newest OS.

windows_10_adoption_timeline_-_spiceworks.jpg

But the good news doesn’t stop there, as 40% of businesses reportedly want to upgrade to Windows 10 in the first year after launch, with another 33% wanting to jump onboard in the following 12 months. But why is there so much excitement surrounding the new OS? According to the survey respondents, the return of the Start Menu is a huge deal, topping the list of desired features. That, combined with the extra security that Windows 10 brings, as well as the free upgrade and the convenience of going through Windows Update seem to be the most popular reasons to adopt the new operating system.

windows_10_compatibility_issues_-_spiceworks.jpg

Of course, all of this assumes that Windows 10 won’t suffer from any major failures or compatibility issues and that the launch goes off without a hitch. In fact, there a bunch of problems that IT pros fear, seen above, and if any of these prove to be real issues, Windows 10 adoption may suffer.

That being said if this data is correct, it could be a huge win for Microsoft, and Windows 10 might be the most successful product in the company’s history. Not only does the Redmond giant make most of its money out of the enterprise, but if adoption ends up being as high as this survey suggests, it could be a huge vote of confidence in the company’s new way of doing business.

Source and tables: Spiceworks

H

hjlbx

"... added security" is only incremental increases in overall, actual security.

"... free upgrade" means very little as W10 might cost you nothing at first, but then you'll have to purchase an annual subscription if you want to keep it.

"... assumes that Windows 10 (users) won't suffer from major failures and compatibility issues" - now that's a complete crock - we're talking Windows, right ?

You'll see...

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
They've changed the way admin approval works a bit and a few other things related to it that I've found so far without looking under the hood.

Why do people keep espousing "subscription" when the buy-once prices have been announced for some time?
  • $109/$149 OEM, same as Win8 (which you couldn't pay me to use Win8, so Win10 is a bargain)
  • Insider Preview will be free for anyone in the program as long as they are in the program
  • Free upgrade lasts "for the life of the device" (OK so hardware changes may require a re-activation or phone call but that's nothing new)
Those have all been announced and repeated repeatedly over and over again, repeatedly.

The only "incompatibility issue" I have is with my old and trusty Sound Blaster X-fi fatal1y--the Win10 drivers won't be ready until October-ish.

Everything is peachy on my gaming laptop also.

Issues should be minimal, like from Vista to 7 and not like xp to Vista or 9x to NT.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I am more curious about Windows 10, then when I heard about Windows 8. Windows 8 was not the best timing, in my opinion.

It came around 2012 when XP was still being supported... it looked strange for an OS, and so different from XP or 7 for that matter.

It just left people wanting to stay on 7 or XP. lol... or that's how I feel.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well even before from the beginning; Windows 10 provides so far a good testimonies received about from its features and better revamps chages; the little thing that makes it confuse and trends as news about the announcement made especially in possible subscription based method.

That PDF may found to be accurate but let's see how that dramatic changes may happen, every single second counts the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.