Solved Suspicious Popup Followed By Issues With AVG Virus Scan

pan_optic

Thread author
Apr 4, 2017
While visiting a site that had recently been hacked, I noticed a command-prompt style pop-up appear. It was too quick for me to see what it said. I quit the browser, disconnected from the internet and ran Malwarebytes, which found two potentially unwanted programs (PUP.Optional.ConduitTB.GEN and Pup.Optional.Conduit) and quarantined them. I also ran AVG, which quit without notification in the middle of the scan. At the same time a system tray notification popped up informing me that AVG and Windows Firewall had both been switched off. When I restarted AVG, the interface looked completely different from how it had moments ago.

I'm somewhat wary of using this computer now, as I worry it might have been infected with something. It's possible the change of interface was just a poorly-timed update, as I know one was released for AVG about a week ago. Any help or advice about whether my computer is harbouring something would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    52.8 KB · Views: 2
  • FRST.txt
    36.3 KB · Views: 2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.