Solved SVCHost.exe

Mark P

Thread author
Feb 28, 2018
this SVCHost has be baffled. I have tried several methods with out any luck.

If you guys have any ideas I am open to them.

I have spent 3 days on this and I am about ready to do a clean install of W10 and call it a day.

Besides your required files, i have sent screen shots of my Task Manager. I installed 3 new SSD drives in the machine they are all formatted but nothing on them, The one last night shows the new SSD F Drive with write activity. Strange no process or program running that should be accessing that new drive.

Respectfully
Mark P

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    67.2 KB · Views: 3
  • FRST.txt
    46.4 KB · Views: 1
  • F Drive aActivity with no program accessing.jpg
    F Drive aActivity with no program accessing.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Services Running.jpg
    Services Running.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • SVCHOST many running and F drive has activity.jpg
    SVCHOST many running and F drive has activity.jpg
    728.7 KB · Views: 5

Mark P

Thread author
Feb 28, 2018
Something caused it to use 100% memory and 100% CPU with nothing open.

I would turn on the PC and let it sit with no programs open. After 3 hours 100% cpu/memory usage.

Then the screen would just go black and power button was the only thing that could get out of the process.

I pulled the Drive 0 and installed a new drive and reinstalled W10 and its running smooth.

Just completed a 10 hour export to MP4 video in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 without issues.

I have not changed any hardware except for the drives.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.