Battle Switching Browsers 2019 - Brave v Chrome v Edge-Chromium v Firefox

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There has been a lot of news coming to light regarding Internet web browser this year. Let's see which one you'll be switching to.

Here's a short run down;
  • Chrome restricting Ad-blockers, dark mode and more colours
  • Firefox with enhanced privacy out of the box, and upcoming premium services for VPN and cloud storage
  • Brave with their blockchain-based tokens, rewarding creators and maintaining privacy
  • Microsoft with a Chromium-based browser to replace Edge, without all the shame of Google

If you are going to make the switch, which one are you going to?

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
There has been a lot of news coming to light regarding Internet web browser this year. Let's see which one you'll be switching to.

Here's a short run down;
  • Chrome restricting Ad-blockers, dark mode and more colours
  • Firefox with enhanced privacy out of the box, and upcoming premium services for VPN and cloud storage
  • Brave with their blockchain-based tokens, rewarding creators and maintaining privacy
  • Microsoft with a Chromium-based browser to replace Edge, without all the shame of Google

If you are going to make the switch, which one are you going to?
Vivaldi is also a great browser !

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Looking forward to the new Edge, hopefully they will upheld to their promises, but I bet it will interconnected with MS account.
Firefox was my favorite, but with their forced anti-tracking, I am not longer interested. Brave and Chrome are out of the question.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Looking forward to the new Edge, hopefully they will upheld to their promises, but I bet it will interconnected with MS account.
Firefox was my favorite, but with their forced anti-tracking, I am not longer interested. Brave and Chrome are out of the question.
Like Google Chrome you don't have to login with your account on the new Edge. Only if you want to use the sync functions. The dev version works great while being not logged in.

For me personally it depends on what the browser and extension authors will do with extension manifest v3.
I would love to be able to continue using the new Edge with a fully functional uBlock Origin and or AdGuard extension.
If not maybe Brave or Opera with their built-in adblocker. Time will tell.

ebocious

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 25, 2018
Well yes, there's nothing on their website to make it appeal to the privacy-conscious or any other exciting features. Plain old boring Vivaldi.
Read about Vivaldi privacy features here. When I installed Windows 10 on a flash drive plugged into a netbook, it was nearly impossible to launch Chrome or Firefox. So I went looking for the lightest browser I could get my hands on, and found Vivaldi. It launches every time I click on it, just like it should. It's plenty exciting!

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.