Syed Shah Fahad Khan Config!

Syed Shah Fahad Khan

Thread author
Nov 17, 2015
Hi buddy!
Always consider me while posting useful posts and links.
Best regards:
[email removed by moderator for user's safety]

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hi buddy!
Best regards:
Your system is insecure, never run two anti-viruses, you currently have avast! and Kaspersky, you need to choose just one and what version of avast! do you have? If you have the free version, you may need Comodo Firewall.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Hi, do you install Avast and Kaspersky on the same system?

I am afraid that this may not be a good choice. As far as I know, both Kaspersky and the current version of Avast are not designed to be a companion antivirus. They may conflict with each other, which can cause serious issues.

In my opinion, it would be better to keep only one of them.:)

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hi buddy!
Best regards:
[email removed by moderator for user's safety]
Advanced System Care by IObit has a very bad reputation, you may research further into this but basically I recommend you remove it :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
L

LabZero

Avoid two antivirus, both in real time, because of overlaps.
It's best to use Ccleaner instead of Iobit and AVG that can create more problems than they claim to solve.
You need a backup plan to secure the OS and data it contains.
Aomei Backupper is free and reliable.

Reactions: Online_Sword

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Avoid having more than one antivirus products installed and running simultaneously, as this can cause various stability and security issues.
(the antiviruses may detect each other as malware or even cause system crashes)

As far as backup software is concerned, you may try and use either one of these:
If you purchased Kaspersky, then I recommend you keep that until the license ends and then uninstall it and install Avast.
(remove Avast while you have Kaspersky running)

Reactions: Online_Sword

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Experimental setup of two Antivirus is not highly acceptable, considering your knowledge as 'Basic' you need to test it from isolated environment.

Choose one to your system, as Antivirus and other one can be download the Bootable CD for scanning purposes.

Other Software? You may download 7-zip for File Extractor, WPS Office or LibreOffice or OpenOffice as alternative productivity software to MS Offce (unless you purchase it).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.