Symantec : "Google Chrome browser – best support ever"... where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
So I've installed yesterday NIS 2012 Beta on my system.....and I can't seem to find any type of Chrome support for the latest dev. build....
I'm using Google Chrome 12.0.742.30 (latest build)

[attachment=214]

[attachment=215]
Google Chrome browser – best support ever
If Chrome is your favorite browser, you are in for a treat. 2012 comes full circle on the Chrome browser by supporting Identity Safe and Safe Web features. This means you will get the password and form-filling capability from Identity Safe, industry-leading phishing protection and SafeWeb site safety ratings for Web sites and search results. You can choose to view the toolbar in full, or close it and continue to get a Norton icon on the top right indicating the safety of the page.

original

With this most recent addition Norton continues to protect our users on one more platform when they surf online.

Source
So where is it ? Did I miss any setting?Dose Symantec not support (yet) the beta/dev builds?
And for the Chrome and NIS 2012 users ...dose NIS support the stable version ?:D

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    400.2 KB · Views: 646
  • 2.png
    2.png
    195 KB · Views: 616

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You could browse the Norton Public Beta Forums to see if there are similar issues.

There are known issues with build.108 and Google Chrome, here.

Other than that, I have no idea. :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Probably it does in Google Chrome on the link in known issues, you can try the stable version of GC (version 11) .

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I doubt that they will ever support a version from an early access release channel (like dev.)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well its not stated what version was compatible so I think the stable version will work.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Yep , I do feel like this is happening because I'm using the dev. build..I'm pretty sure that Norton dose support the stable version.

And here it is NIS and Chrome stable. :D

[attachment=220]

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    351.3 KB · Views: 632

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I wonder when will release Safe Web Lite that is compatible with Chrome.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
If I could get my hands on the Norton Toolbar .xpi file I could make some tweaks (force the bugger) to work with the dev builds. I've done it before for other chrome extensions and I do it on Firefox Nightly 6.0.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I do think that Symantec will have a problem keeping up with "releasing" plan ...... I mean Google is one of those companies who is alaways updating their product...If they had a problem with FF going from 4 to 4.0.1 .....
On the other hand Google developing stages are better organized than in Firefox case...So who knows:D

stormgtr said:
I wonder when will release Safe Web Lite that is compatible with Chrome.

Most likely after they will release the final version of NIS 2012.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think NIS was focused first in added the plugin in the stable browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.