System Restore Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
Has anyone used System Restore Explorer? If so, how reliable is this piece of software?

Stumbled this software whilst searching for methods to delete multiple restore points.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
1. Never heard of it.
2. It's still Beta?

Is it http://nicbedford.co.uk/software/systemrestoreexplorer/ ?

P

Plexx

Thread author
Earth said:
1. Never heard of it.
2. It's still Beta?

Is it http://nicbedford.co.uk/software/systemrestoreexplorer/ ?

Yeah that is the one. Sorry forgot to include the link.

It seems it is still in Beta, so that's why I am still skeptical.

madyrocksin said:
Off Topic
why not use ccleaner for deleting restore points??

I have used CCleaner in the past to delete restore points but was looking for an alternative.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why use extra programs, when CCleaner can do it?

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I have it installed as just a extra little precaution havent had to use it yet though

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Thing is you can mount the restore points, so you can do more than ccleaner and tune up utilities. probably more for incase you lose a file or overwrite it or something and need to see if you can recover just that one thing from a previous point

2iapqgn.png

This is how it looks when you mount a restore point with it

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Now the name of the software makes sense, it enables the user to view the contents of restore points. The screenshot explains a lot.

P

Plexx

Thread author
Going to take it for a test run to see how reliable it is.

Will post results back

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I used it pretty stable but when I tried to move one of my big game files, explorer hung up. Just a quick tip if you feel there is slowdown or the s/w is hanging just pause your av protection for a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.