At-Risk Szabó Péter's Security Configuration

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Thanks for posting your configuration. I would highly recommend that you implement a data backup and a system image backup. I would highly recommend Macrium Reflect and AOMEI Backupper Standard. Both of these pieces of software are free.

I would also highly recommend that you add uBlock Origin as it is free and it will stop a lot of tracking cookies, ads etc. This is a great add on that I recommend to everyone to block ads.

In addition to this, you can up your security even more by adding on HTTPS everywhere to your configuration. This will help make sure your web browsing is more secure.

On demand scanning with Bitdefender is good. However, I'd like to recommend that you add more on demand scanners. I'd recommend EEK, Norton Power Eraser, and ZAM. You could even add ZAM as a primary anti-malware (AM) to your security configuration. Look around MT and you may be able to score a full license of it for free.

I would change UAC to MAX as well - this will ensure your configuration is locked down a bit more too.

Sincerely,

Brian

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Szabó Péter: I tagged Your config temporally as Caution, since there is not system backup solution in Your system, as @Lightning_Brian suggested, Macrium or AOMEI are free and reliable.

Also consider the suggestion for browsers add-ons (uBlock Origin & HTTPS EveryWhere), and add some on demands scanners (ZAM Free, MBAM Free, Norton Power Eraser, EmsiSoft E.K).

Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: DeepWeb and JM Safe

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Add ZAM Free and NPE or EEK.

Add uBlock Origin and HTTPS Everywhere.

Follow suggestions about backups.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: harlan4096

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Implement some type of system and data backup solution.
Your real time protection is not an on demand scanner.
Do you have any browser extensions?
Do you have any system utilities?
Do you at least backup important data to an external drive?
Please edit your config to include the above so that your config is complete.

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.