Real-time security
Avast Internet Security , Zemana Anti Logger+ VoodooShield
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebyte AntiMalware Free, Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
- Opera (main browser) : Xmarks, HTTPS Everywhere, WOT, Chrome Reload Plus, HTML5 Autoplay Disabler, Flash Control, Avast Online Security, uMatrix
- Mozilla Firefox Developer (x64) : Xmarks, HTTPS Everywhere, WOT, Flashgot, uMatrix, Avast Online Security, Flash Control
- Google Chrome (x64) : Xmarks, HTTPS Everywhere, WOT, Chrome Reload Plus, HTML5 Autoplay Disabler, Flash Control, Avast Online Security, uMatrix
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Geek Uninstaller Portable, Revo Uninstaller Portable
File and Photo backup
Fbackup 6 (for User Profile Setting), Onedrive (For Documents and Other)
System recovery
Aomei Backupper

Technozz

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2015
Other Software:
Anti Exploit : Malwarebyte Anti Exploit Free
Virtual Machine : Oracle VM Virtualbox
Sandbox : Sandboxie Free
Music Player : Foobar2000, Musicbee
Video Player : MPC HC x64
Text Editor : Sublime Text 3 x64
Compression Tools : 7Zip, WinRAR
Torrent Downloader : Tixati Portable

This is my security config.Any suggestions would be appreciated:D

Last edited:

Technozz

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2015
Looks good I recommend changing anything IoBit related with something else live Revro Uninstaller Pro. :) Also setting updates to automatic is a good thing to do as well.

Many Thanks for suggestion, I was edit the post to add Hitman.Pro Alert for Exploit Protection, For OS Update i was set manual because i have one more laptops and limited bandwidth and internet speed For this, i use Windows Update Minitool for download update and DISM for install an update on every laptops :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Looks good for me,just add Malwarebyte Anti-Exploit Pro/Free.
ESET has an Exploit Blocker.
While ESET’s scanning engine covers exploits that appear in malformed document files and Network Attack Protection targets the communication level, the Exploit Blocker technology blocks the exploitation process itself.
Exploit Blocker monitors typically exploitable applications (browsers, document readers, email clients, Flash, Java, and more) and instead of just aiming at particular CVE identifiers it focuses on exploitation techniques. When triggered, the behavior of the process is analyzed and, if it is considered suspicious, the threat may be blocked immediately on the machine.
This technology is under constant development, new methods of detection are added regularly to cover new exploitation techniques.

For the complete description see the white paper.
ESET Technology | Continually developing leading-edge protection

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
Looks good to me, but one remark: HitmanPro.Alert is a realtime anti-exploit protection and not on demand scanner ;)

Great Point, HitManPro.Alert (active anti-exploit program) contains a 1-click button for HitmanPro to download and scan the PC in the GUI (and when exploits are blocked it immediately offers to scan).

HitmanPro.Alert: Active
HitManPro: On-demand scanner

Otherwise, with ESET and Zemana it looks good.

Windows Update:
*You may want to set a calendar or Outlook reminder for the 2nd Tuesday (Patch Tuesday) of every month to remember to run Windows update (best done in the evening). The day after is a good choice too. Flash Player, Browsers and some things such as Java and Adobe Reader tend to update on or near these times to help streamline the deployment process.

Welcome to the forums.

Technozz

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2015
I like your config! I would recommend 2 things for Keepass.
Browser extension:
I'm not sure if you use it because I couldn't find in the extension list but Keefox is superior compared to chromeIpass.
In-built search and list.
Database backup:
I strongly recommend to use 1 more cloud backup like Dropbox or GoogleDrive. Two backups are better than a single one!
I would also turn off auto sync option if you wanna use desktop app because ransomwares can encrypt the database and the app will sync them. I prefer no desktop apps and only manual sync of keepass database.

That's all :)

For now I not use any above extension, but i use "Perform Auto-Type" feature in keepas, so i can't manually retype if want to login, And for DB i cannot autosync with OneDrive desktop client, i use "KeeAnywhere" the Keepass plugin for load DB directly from my OneDrive:)

L

Lucent Warrior

I see you utilize the ability to defer windows upgrades in the Pro version, which still allows security patches, not a bad thing, sometimes they rush a little to fast dropping those. From what i have just read here, this is a very solid configuration, only thing i would change is where you store Keepass, as i would use the portable version and have it stored externally instead of the cloud.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.