Teenager Sells Kidney For iPad 2

Tom172

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 11, 2011
A Chinese teenager has sold his kidney to buy an iPad and iPhone.
Xiao Zheng, from the country's south-eastern Anhui province, is believed to have met a broker on the internet who said he could help him sell his kidney for £1,825 (Yuan 20,000).

He is said to have left a message for the middleman saying: "I want to buy an iPad 2."

Read more

I'm speechless.

G

Guest28

This is disgusting why would someone in their right mind want to damage there health for money? Money is not everything it cannot keep you happy. unfortunately this kid is fighting for his life.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
ryan said:
This is disgusting why would someone in their right mind want to damage there health for money? Money is not everything it cannot keep you happy. unfortunately this kid is fighting for his life.

Your body works just fine with a single kidney.

That said, it is a pretty stupid thing to do. He'll be looking at dialysis if his remaining kidney goes bad.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its a bad decision to donate a kidney with a exchange for iPad 2, kidney is important to our life and must maintain it healthy.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Who would want to buy a kidney, anyway?
You would be better off waiting for someone to willingly donate a kidney to you, and considering that he did not do it by the good of his own heart, I would be left wondering whether the kidney was in good health, considering that he was willing to sell it.

Technology gets old and fails after a time, you get over it, but part of you, in this case the kidney, is something that can keep you going for a lifetime, and is, in a way, your lifeline.
Allowing it to be swept away for something as gimmicky as an iPad raises questions as to the willingness of the person to live.
I shall offer him no sympathy when this decision rebounds on him, and leads to his life coming to an untimely end. ☹

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
I read about this on MalwareUp. Just wow, this has got to be the worst decision of that kid's life, I also heard he's health is getting worse because of this. I wouldn't really give a finger away for money (if it's used for something like an iPad etc.), let alone a kidney, wow.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I have read that apple is like a religion; it has been shown, through a study, that same parts of the brain gets activated when when a a religious fanatic talks or similar abort religion and same thing happens when people talk or similar about apple.

It's so sad to see when people do such things; it's not worth it and definitely not something that is a part of your body.

Regards,
Valentin N

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
ZOU1 said:
That is not so bad. I sold my left testicle for an I-Phone.

It is bad, would I like an iPhone? Sure I would, I would also like a high end gaming PC with 1TB of RAM, but am I going to give something like an organ or body part for it? No. Think about it, is it really worth a physical position to do something you can later regret like that. Especially a kidney, for a damn iPad 2 and laptop, it's where people fail to recognize the consequences of what their doing and I've done that plenty of times (and still do it).

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
No. It is definitely not worth it. There is no question about it. Two kindneys or not, it was a foolish transaction.

V

Vextor

Ridiculous. An iPad 2 will soon turn into ashes and dust, but a kidney will not. It really proves that he doesn't want life.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
This is sad and proves that how people don't care about their health but all they care about is the money.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Fine example of Apple brainwashing, these apple sheep are a disappointment, Selling body parts for there products is just sickening. Glad I've never liked Apple or spent a dollar on anything Apple.
Infact I still got a $25 iTunes card and a $15 card I got from my birthdays 2 years ago sitting here I'll never them lol but I'm keeping them to remind me of how much I dislike Apple.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Having been on dialysis at one point for nine years I could see wanting to buy a kidney instead of having to wait those nine years (feels like an eternity I assure you) but I cannot see being the one that sells the kidney, pretty insane what some people will do for the things they wish to obtain.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Tweak said:
Having been on dialysis at one point for nine years I could see wanting to buy a kidney instead of having to wait those nine years (feels like an eternity I assure you) but I cannot see being the one that sells the kidney, pretty insane what some people will do for the things they wish to obtain.

Nine years is horrible! I feel for you.

My brother in law was on dialysis for three years and that seemed like an overly long time. And during that time, he had four donors set up that ultimately fell through, so you just basically stop getting excited when a potential donor is found. One donor even got as far as having surgery scheduled, but then got engaged and his future wife wasn't cool with the donation. :(

Of course, the way the hospitals here deal with donors and recipients, you can't actually force anyone to donate, so if the donor gets cold feet at any time, they don't actually say that. They just say there was a problem with one of the suitability checks. It turns out though that it was really eating at the conscience of the guy who bailed out just prior to surgery and him and his fiancée stopped by and apologized for bailing out. That was pretty cool of them because they didn't need to do that as the donor program was covering for them.

Ultimately an anonymous donor was located and he got his kidney, but I can't imagine dealing with that for nine years!

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Well generally most that get the transplant only keep them for around 7-9 yrs I have been told, guess so far I have been very lucky, hope your brother-in-law fairs equally well.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Tweak said:
Well generally most that get the transplant only keep them for around 7-9 yrs I have been told, guess so far I have been very lucky, hope your brother-in-law fairs equally well.

Well, his new kidney was doing fine, but in one of his follow-up visits to make sure everything was working properly after the transplant, they discovered cancer. They put him on chemotherapy, but due to the new kidney, they needed to reduce the dose and even leave out one component to ensure they didn't harm the transplant. It didn't harm the kidney, but it didn't harm the cancer either. We lost him in March.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
HeffeD said:
Tweak said:

Well, his new kidney was doing fine, but in one of his follow-up visits to make sure everything was working properly after the transplant, they discovered cancer. They put him on chemotherapy, but due to the new kidney, they needed to reduce the dose and even leave out one component to ensure they didn't harm the transplant. It didn't harm the kidney, but it didn't harm the cancer either. We lost him in March.

Very sorry to hear of it, sometimes with some of the anti-rejection meds cancer is more likely, I had skin cancer which has been resolved, small area on my left temple.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.