App Review Tencent PC Manager (Video Review by thepierrezou)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
I've noticed a performance impact on the system (slowdown) or is it caused by other reason?
It seems that this product will be a good competitor to Qihoo & Baidu.
Does it include sandbox?
What about false positives?
In general you' done a very nice test, i hope to see tests from you more often.

Reactions: Sr. Normal

thepierrezou

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
A malware tried to execute itself and Tencend killed it and malware try to re-execute itself, but it slow down the VM :/
This product don't have sandbox (or i don't have see it)
I don't have see false positive and i have heard this product don't make too much false positive.
In general you' done a very nice test, i hope to see tests from you more often
Thank you very much, but we can't do review too often, i prefer wait major update or a new product but i will try to do test more often :)

Reactions: MikeV

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
I think you can find better antivirus for protect your system
Yeah, i prefer the tencent interface but the protection with qihoo is better ^^

No active threats:D

Ashampoo_Snap_2015_01_21_20h31m43s_013.jpg

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
This is a BAD product and needs work, real-time protection doesn't work well. The Avira engine is doing only once a day update or once a two days. I know this is off-topic but Avira also has an issue with FP and ignoring FP's (i told them, still didn't fix it).

UI is confusing, you need to right click in tray for "advance options".

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
No active threats:D

Ashampoo_Snap_2015_01_21_20h31m43s_013.jpg
thats something that the chines anti virus do that many other dont
protecting startup entries which I found very useful. the system might be infected but after restart it is clean. yes the files are there but not active.
as far as I know only the chines AV doing that.
Thats why I'm using Qihoo

D

Deleted member 2913

So anyone running Tencent PC Manager?
Share your experience plzz.

I tried it on Win 10 64 in Shadow Defender.
It has 2 versions. Guess the bigger installer comes with Avira. I downloaded the smaller installer...good to know it comes completely without Avira i.e no option to install Avira later too...I prefer this way.
Realtime & Web protection works fine.
3 processes app 30-40MB. Light on the system. 1 processes name is in Chinese...not good.
Scanned the system & no FPs...thats good.
Most AVs Web protection works by default with IE i.e no need addon but requires extension for other browsers. Tencent is opposite i.e adds addon in IE but works by default with Chrome i.e no extension. IE addon name is half in Eng & half in Chinese...not good.
English on the GUI, etc... needs improvement.
I dont like the name. Why the heck PC Manager? Why not simply AV?

How effective is the protection?
And hows the Avira engine & updates in the full version?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.