Privacy News Tesla hit by insider saboteur who changed code, exfiltrated data

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Tesla has routed out a saboteur who changed code on internal products and exfiltrated data to outsiders, damaging company operations and possibly causing a fire, CEO Elon Musk told employees in an email.

“I was dismayed to learn this weekend about a Tesla employee who had conducted quite extensive and damaging sabotage to our operations,” Musk wrote in an email obtained by CNBC. “This included making direct code changes to the Tesla Manufacturing Operating System under false usernames and exporting large amounts of highly sensitive Tesla data to unknown third parties.”

While Musk said Tesla doesn't know the full extent of the employee's actions, “what he has admitted to so far is pretty bad,” noting that the saboteur claims to have wreaked his mayhem because “he wanted a promotion” that he was denied.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I get the gut feeling Musk is one of the good guys and is fighting 'them'.

I hope he takes notice of this and realizes that he has powerful forces levied against him, then adjusts his security protocols and safety precautions to factor this. I believe he should also take precautions for his self-safety, including armored upgraded personal vehicles, etc.. He has the money and resources to implement security at levels most of us couldn't imagine. I'd love to work for him on counter intelligence and put even a tiny percentage of his resources into those areas. I can only imagine the fantastical things I could implement and in some cases, design/engineer with actual production capabilities.

The sooner he realizes he is in a war the better IMO.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Working for Tesla? Thanks but no thanks.

Tesla factory workers reveal pain, injury and stress: 'Everything feels like the future but us'
Tesla factory employees describe grueling work conditions where people pass out 'like a pancake'
Tesla Workers Claim Racial Bias and Abuse at Electric Car Factory
Workers: Building Teslas for Elon Musk Is Hell
Tesla cuts about 9 percent of its workforce in "company-wide restructuring"

I'll stop there as I don't feel the need to flood this thread.

Musk for sure has great visions even IMO but things needs to be fixed and that includes the workers issues. Bad reputation is always bad for any brand/vendor or company and in Teslas case it's a bit too much IMO.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Not saying all of that is true or false, but given it's from the same media shills telling people Kaspersky will steal your soul, I am not sure I am ready to use them as an authoritative source.

While I am aware that we're seeing a sort of global gaslighting going on (including Mandela Effect) by forces with some immense technology - which is sowing more discord and dysfunction, we still cannot discount the fact that Musk is shaking things up and making some people very nervous, and those people (i like to call them creatures) have immense power. (actually, it's Force not power, but that's another discussion) When little ole' Dyson just wanted to sell Vacuums in the USA he discovered the sheer magnitude of the forces that could be leveraged against him. Little surprises me anymore.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.