App Review TEST Forticlent Antivirus Free 6.0.7

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

It looks like it did super good there.

6.0.7 is a really old version now. Currently FortiClient is on 6.2.1 and that version has some ML/AI aspects, as well as full FortiSandbox. Unfortunately it's not on the download page any longer.

If anyone would like to try it, I can provide a download as I still have my Fortinet FTP account access. I tossed it up on this free file sharing site if anyone would like to take a look at 6.2.1...

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
It looks like it did super good there.

6.0.7 is a really old version now. Currently FortiClient is on 6.2.1 and that version has some ML/AI aspects, as well as full FortiSandbox. Unfortunately it's not on the download page any longer.

If anyone would like to try it, I can provide a download as I still have my Fortinet FTP account access. I tossed it up on this free file sharing site if anyone would like to take a look at 6.2.1...

Forticlient 6.2.x is no longer free (except the VPN) https://docs.fortinet.com/document/...son-of-forticlient-for-free-and-paid-versions

And you can use it only when connected to EMS (Endpoint Management Server) Administration Guide | FortiClient 6.2.1 | Fortinet Documentation Library

So, how can I use the file you shared to try it at home?

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I warned months and months ago Fortinet was transition to a paid only solution. Largely driven by the AI/ML systems they were integrating into it and they were not really interested in supporting the free product any longer. At this point, it's probably wise to move on. Even if the version I posted above works, it's only a matter of time before it doesn't.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
I warned months and months ago Fortinet was transition to a paid only solution. Largely driven by the AI/ML systems they were integrating into it and they were not really interested in supporting the free product any longer. At this point, it's probably wise to move on. Even if the version I posted above works, it's only a matter of time before it doesn't.
Thanks for the clarification :)
By the way, v.6.0.x is still free and it seems that Fortinet still updates it (the latest version is 6.0.8 and was updated around mid-August).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.