App Review TEST NANO Antivirus Free 2019

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Nano antivirus free has good detection rate but consuming a lot of ram and is too heavy i think
For me it is using about 153 MB when I am having my web browser open. Maybe it will use even less when it is closed. So personally I think it is pretty light compared to some other AVs, also it only has 2 processes it seems compared to others that have something like 6. I would rather it use more RAM than CPU, or Disk which would slow down the computer a lot more than RAM. I know some AV's that use over 200 MB

Anyway, I have been happy with NANO AV so far, so I don't see myself removing it anytime soon. But overall everyone has their different opinions.

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
For me it is using about 153 MB when I am having my web browser open. Maybe it will use even less when it is closed. So personally I think it is pretty light compared to some other AVs, also it only has 2 processes it seems compared to others that have something like 6. I would rather it use more RAM than CPU, or Disk which would slow down the computer a lot more than RAM. I know some AV's that use over 200 MB

View attachment 208998
Anyway, I have been happy with NANO AV so far, so I don't see myself removing it anytime soon. But overall everyone has their different opinions.

In my opinion, I’d kill superfetch. I have it disabled on all 10 of my machines. MUCH smoother!
Just my opinion.....

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Gave it a try out of interest & thoroughly removed my AV - Installed OK but had a couple of blue screens (maybe conflicts) I rearly have blue screens these days & unfortunately I didn't have time to find out what the issue was as blue screens are pretty final so given up for now - I quite liked NANO so will give it a try again when I have more time.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I think for most AVs lighter the better, is my mantra. You can still have great protection which layered security, which doesn't effect the performance of your PC.

I think most AVs out there now can be fairly heavy, the one I use doesn't go past 3MB when dormant.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.