Apr 23, 2011
Other utilities i use are:-

Ccleaner
PC Wizard 2010
Revo Uninstaller pro
Secunia PSI
Smart Defrag 2
Tweaknow powerpack 2011

I think that's it, if i've missed anything or if anyone has any constructive criticism which will help feel free to give any comments.

UPDATED 11-5-2011

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I like your config I wouldn't mind testing it out myself some time. ;)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
if you have question just ask :) Since you're a beginner I suggest you explore with out worring. if you have a strong computer with 2 or more core I suggest you download Wmware, Virtual PC or VirtualBox to explore without your computer going to hell ^^

Regards,
Valentin N

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
General computer knowledge: Beginner
How are you getting along with D+ any problems with the pop-ups? ;D
Are you using any special configuration for D+ or the default one?

One more thing that you should know is that NPE is best to be used for really infected PC's..so you shouldn't really use it for everyday scans...
Other than that ..perfect config.

As optional you can add :

VTzilla (Free) - link
VTzilla is a Mozilla Firefox browser plugin that simplifies the process of scanning Internet resources with VirusTotal. It allows you to download files directly with VirusTotal's web application prior to storing them in your PC. Moreover, it will not only scan files, but also URLs.
The scanning options are embedded in Firefox's context menu and download dialog, making the analysis process as easy as clicking a single button.
More Info

The Analogue Kid

Thread author
Apr 23, 2011
Jack said:
General computer knowledge: Beginner
How are you getting along with D+ any problems with the pop-ups? ;D
Are you using any special configuration for D+ or the default one?

One more thing that you should know is that NPE is best to be used for really infected PC's..so you shouldn't really use it for everyday scans...
Other than that ..perfect config.

As optional you can add :

VTzilla (Free) - link
VTzilla is a Mozilla Firefox browser plugin that simplifies the process of scanning Internet resources with VirusTotal. It allows you to download files directly with VirusTotal's web application prior to storing them in your PC. Moreover, it will not only scan files, but also URLs.
The scanning options are embedded in Firefox's context menu and download dialog, making the analysis process as easy as clicking a single button.
More Info

Thanks Jack.

I just go with D+ default and no probs with pop ups really, well none that really bother me. As for NPE, yeah i just have it there just in case, i'm hoping with the config i have it shouldn't come to that point.

VTzilla looks very interesting and i will install it, more protection the better ;)

Again thanks for the help Jack.

Linuxfever

Jan 11, 2011
With a solid HIPS like D+ you'll be safe but you should always use common sense while on the web.Other than that your config looks good.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.