The Best Antivirus for 2012 by PCMag

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
New model-year security products used to come out in the fall, like new model-year cars. In 2011, though, the first 2012 antivirus (G Data AntiVirus 2012 ($29.95 direct, 3.5 stars) turned up way back in May. So far PCMag has reviewed over a dozen antivirus tools explicitly identified as 2012 models, along with a number of others released during the same period.

More Info

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Best result i have seen for Webroot so far, also sad to see Panda scored poorly.
I take these results with a pinch of salt anyways :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Norton will be the editor of choice because of the reputation it has. If you took all the paid AVs away I bet Avast would be up the top.

muhammadariif

Aug 3, 2011
McLovin said:
Norton will be the editor of choice because of the reputation it has. If you took all the paid AVs away I bet Avast would be up the top.

Not sure if avast can beat any other free antivirus, but many people will prefer avast.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
muhammadariif said:
Not sure if avast can beat any other free antivirus, but many people will prefer avast.

Well that is what I would prefer. Also hasn't Norton been the top for a while now?

muhammadariif

Aug 3, 2011
I've noticed that Avast is not included in this review why? PcMag make review for Panda and AVG and not Avast

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.