The Best File Archive Utility for Windows, WinRAR vs WinZIP?

Which is your choose?

• Winrar v5.20

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • Winzip 19 Pro

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Because I have a serial key of Winzip 19 Pro. But I never install it on my system. From past till now, I've just installed only Winrar. I don't know is Winzip 19 Pro better than Winrar?

Reactions: phyniks
M

MalwareT

Who is still using WinZip in NT era ? :D My favorites are WinRAR,7Zip and HaoZip. HaoZip is best choice for free archive utility.

Reactions: Kent and Maxxx58

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I use WinRAR, seeing that I use it very rarely I cannot tell you any pro's or con's... For me it works as it should. As far as I know a lot of users have installed 7zip (Free program) as default program, and I can also confirm that it's also very good.

I agree about 7-Zip. It is very good and freeware. No cons, errors or problems so far. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Reactions: Kent

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well if you are using to extract very common compression files like zip and .7z then suppose both may do very well and the speed rate will just do fine with minimal difference. ;)

But for me Free program like Bandizip and 7-zip are fine already. ;)

Reactions: Kent and frogboy

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What are your requirements for using any archiving software? Do you only play with .zip files?

Reactions: Kent

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
What are your requirements for using any archiving software? Do you only play with .zip files?
No, I work with *.rar, *.zip, *.jar, *.taz, etc,...I need best compression for small size, fast time to extract,less corrupt on archived file...

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
Personally I use 7-zip, and he simply has everything you need and it's free.
of course, as someone wants to install a program like WinRAR fee but it could just as if these types of programs are free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.