kev216

Level 20
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
I've used it for years now on my old pc, and apart from the lack of a zero-day component, it is an very underrated product in my opinion. It's also very light on resources.

Reactions: mal1

icerulez

Level 2
i tested it myself, it has incredibly fast virus dedection, or malicious websites,also %0 cpu using on demand, incredible for me

Reactions: kev216

kev216

Level 20
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
On my 12 year old pc, it is the only free AV that actually runs on it smoothly without slowing it down even more. Not many people know about it, so it's not that popular. It's actually a business AV, but it's free for home use. I think it deserves more attention like you said.

Reactions: icerulez

kev216

Level 20
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
The only thing I miss about it is the zero-day component. They have excellent signatures, but if a malware succeeds to bypass them, it is beaten. In a combo with Comodo Firewall or something similar it is extremely good.

Also the malware and phishing site blocker in your browser is for me the best their is. It blocks almost everything you throw at it and it's often even better than paid products.

It's good, but with some extra software, you have an extremely good free security setup.

icerulez

Level 2
yeah you are right mate, i saw %99.8 dedection rate ? wtf and %0.2 false dedection, and web filter is excellent also,
i will use only this antivirus until i die seriously, thanks to fortinet , it's great software and free !!! :)

kev216

Level 20
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
The only sad thing about it, is that they have removed some features since v5, like the application firewall, Antispam, more customisation options... (like this 4.1 version) But if you install an older version (I know there is an installer of 4.1 somewhere still available on the web) of it, it still works. You just have to update the signatures then, and you have more functionality for free.

kev216

Level 20
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
I haven't tried that version on windows 10, but I can look up the installer tommorow if you want to try it.

kev216

Level 20
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
Yes I was already using it when that version was out, and it was much more complete than that it is right now. I'll let you know when I find the installer.

kev216

Level 20
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
I've found it and I'm currently doing a quick test to see if it works in my windows 10 virtual machine.

kev216

Level 20
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
I've got a 32 bit virtual machine and I think its a 64 bit installer so I can't try it atm. But if you want to try it, I've uploaded it for you here. I can't tell if it's going to work though on w10, since it a version that is already a few years old.