kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I've used it for years now on my old pc, and apart from the lack of a zero-day component, it is an very underrated product in my opinion. It's also very light on resources.

Reactions: mal1

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
i tested it myself, it has incredibly fast virus dedection, or malicious websites,also %0 cpu using on demand, incredible for me

Reactions: kev216

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
On my 12 year old pc, it is the only free AV that actually runs on it smoothly without slowing it down even more. Not many people know about it, so it's not that popular. It's actually a business AV, but it's free for home use. I think it deserves more attention like you said.

Reactions: icerulez

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
i completely agree you, everybody should know and use this antivirus seriously

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
The only thing I miss about it is the zero-day component. They have excellent signatures, but if a malware succeeds to bypass them, it is beaten. In a combo with Comodo Firewall or something similar it is extremely good.

Also the malware and phishing site blocker in your browser is for me the best their is. It blocks almost everything you throw at it and it's often even better than paid products.

It's good, but with some extra software, you have an extremely good free security setup.

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
yeah you are right mate, i saw %99.8 dedection rate ? wtf and %0.2 false dedection, and web filter is excellent also,
i will use only this antivirus until i die seriously, thanks to fortinet , it's great software and free !!! :)

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
The only sad thing about it, is that they have removed some features since v5, like the application firewall, Antispam, more customisation options... (like this 4.1 version) But if you install an older version (I know there is an installer of 4.1 somewhere still available on the web) of it, it still works. You just have to update the signatures then, and you have more functionality for free.

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
hmmm i did not know that.. thank you so much but does it works on win 10 ? :(

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I haven't tried that version on windows 10, but I can look up the installer tommorow if you want to try it.

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
yeah if it works on win 10 wow, this will be all in one security software for free o_O

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Yes I was already using it when that version was out, and it was much more complete than that it is right now. I'll let you know when I find the installer.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I've found it and I'm currently doing a quick test to see if it works in my windows 10 virtual machine.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Do you have a 64 or a 32 bit os?

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I've got a 32 bit virtual machine and I think its a 64 bit installer so I can't try it atm. But if you want to try it, I've uploaded it for you here. I can't tell if it's going to work though on w10, since it a version that is already a few years old.

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
okay i will try it tomorrow, thank you for upload o_O i hope it will works on win 10

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
And if it doesn't work, then you can always go back to the newest version :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.