Battle The best non-adblocker extension?

KetaKongen

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 29, 2016
I require the most trustable, secure, no logging, and effective non-adblocker.

At the moment, i'm using Disconnect again, after briefly using Privacy Badger.
Privacy Badger don't have the best scores, but they still have only 200K less users on their extension.

Who's the better disconnect'er and why?

- From outdated thread: Help Me Decide - Ghostery vs. Disconnect vs. Privacy Badger vs. EasyPrivacy

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Currently, I use Ghostery without PageRank or an account, because it's easy to use and set-up if you read the provided information. Ghostery is also free to use on mobile, which is more polished than what Disconnect offers. Disconnect also have a Premium version, but you're paying for privacy.. I hear Privacy Badger is good, but haven't had a chance to try it.

You missed out uBlock Origin:

uBlock Origin is NOT an "ad blocker": it is a wide-spectrum blocker -- which happens to be able to function as a mere "ad blocker". The default behavior of uBlock Origin when newly installed is to block ads, trackers and malware sites -- through EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Peter Lowe’s ad/tracking/malware servers, various lists of malware sites, and uBlock Origin's own filter lists.

GitHub - gorhill/uBlock: uBlock Origin - An efficient blocker for Chromium and Firefox. Fast and lean.

KetaKongen

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 29, 2016
Currently, I use Ghostery without PageRank or an account, because it's easy to use and set-up if you read the provided information. Ghostery is also free to use on mobile, which is more polished than what Disconnect offers. Disconnect also have a Premium version, but you're paying for privacy.. I hear Privacy Badger is good, but haven't had a chance to try it.

You missed out uBlock Origin:

GitHub - gorhill/uBlock: uBlock Origin - An efficient blocker for Chromium and Firefox. Fast and lean.
I've heard alot about uBlock, but i already have a real adblocker (AdGuard) as standard. I need a little "extra" protection layer like Disconnect fx.

Reactions: DardiM

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
HTTPS-Everywhere then Scriptsafe for chrome/chromium based browser's and i dunno does NoscriptSecuritysuite works in firefox anymore, those are must have! & Those what you have listed for, my choise is Privacy Badger. As a (semi-paranoid BC) i am, i quess everyone have heard "rumour" about Ghostery?

Last edited:

KetaKongen

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 29, 2016
Uh, i must mention i'm in Opera.

HTTPS-Everywhere then Scriptsafe for chrome/chromium based browser's and i dunno does NoscriptSecuritysuite works in firefox anymore, those are must have! & Those what you have listed for, my choise is Privacy Badger. As a (semi-paranoid BC) i am, i quess everyone have heard "rumour" about Ghostery?
What rumours?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I use Adguard for that, you do not need to block ADs, I do not either, I like to support webpages. I use those 3 filters.

Attachments

• capture_05132017_223539.jpg
    capture_05132017_223539.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 870

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.