App Review The Best Second Opinion Scanner?

• Thread starter MalwareBlockerYT
  • Start date
It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Which is your favourite Second Opinion Scanner?

• Total voters

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Thanks for the video @MalwareBlockerYT!
You've mentioned the tools that are best in effectiveness when used combined.
I can't less emphasize on what kinds of significant detections all of them cover, though differently.
None are to be compared (except the two antimalware, theoretically).

HMP for superb AV defnintions.
Zemana for stubborn, mostly undetected infections mainly rogueware, trojans, spyware etc.
MBAM is, IMO, less powerful but it does detect suspicious files, registry entries and infections that even Zemana might miss (not to forget excellent PUP detection).
For me, the combination is one of the best 2nd opinion task force (add NPE for bonus).

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Thank you bro for this great effort ;) You are doing a great job
Thanks for all the support :)
Zemana - Portable, free & effective....
Indeed it is & that is also why I prefer Zemana, but for some things HitmanPro is slightly more effective. Thanks for watching!
Since my HMP license has expired I've switched back to Zemana as I have lt license for it.
Wise choice :) Thanks for watching!
Thanks for the video @MalwareBlockerYT!
You've mentioned the tools that are best in effectiveness when used combined.
I can't less emphasize on what kinds of significant detections all of them cover, though differently.
None are to be compared (except the two antimalware, theoretically).

HMP for superb AV defnintions.
Zemana for stubborn, mostly undetected infections mainly rogueware, trojans, spyware etc.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is, IMO, less powerful but it does detect suspicious files, registry entries and infections that even Zemana might miss (not to forget excellent PUP detection).
For me, the combination is one of the best 2nd opinion task force (add NPE for bonus).
You are correct, they each work well in their own way & each have different advantages ;) Thanks for watching!

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
for me, the best is a scanner MBAM 3 Premium.
I have 2 scanners installed MBAM and EEK and from time to time I use them both.
as one does not find this second check, it gives me some kind of assurance that the system did not crawled.:)

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Malwarebytes Anti Malware 3.0.6 for sure:D
Fair enough, I think it has the best GUI :D
for me, the best is a scanner Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3 Premium.
I have 2 scanners installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and EEK and from time to time I use them both.
as one does not find this second check, it gives me some kind of assurance that the system did not crawled.:)
My personal favourite is Zemana, but MalwareBytes is also a brilliant scanner.

I trust more Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but the others are awesome too. Nice video between! Keep up the great work :)
Same, thanks for the support :)

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
What would you say to this test?
HitmanPro and Zeman AM show that the OS clean, Norton Power Eraser finds malware.

Clipboard10.jpg Clipboard11.jpg

Conclusion:
It is always better to scan the PC with more 2nd opinion scanners.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
HitmanPro and Zeman AM show that the OS clean, Norton Power Eraser finds malware.

View attachment 141288 View attachment 141289

Conclusion:
I would agree with your conclusion, you shouldn't just depend on 1 application to protect you or scan your PC, for the best detection you should use multiple Second Opinion Scanners.

I'd be interested in seeing more videos like this, but with a VM infected and seeing how well a scanner can clean the computer.
Actually you will see that at some point because I am working on a Malware Removal Guide which uses about 5 or 6 tools :)

In my opinion, the best on-demand scanners: HitmanPro (also has BD and Kaspersky engine) in combination with Xvirus Personal Guard (due to the aggressive heuristics).

Zemana is also good of course. I don't like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware that much though.
I need to test XVirus again & see how it does :)

Thanks for the video :)
I really needed this
No problem, thanks for watching :)

They are both awesome programs. I personally prefer Zemana, but it is fine to run many scanners in the same machine as long as they do not have real time protection enabled.
Indeed, although you can have Real Time protection enabled & sometimes it doesn't always cause conflicts.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
I think the best second opinion scanner is always OURSELVES..! [coz we make the decision no matter what our security suites says] ;)
I understand your point, but at the end of the day humans make errors & even the experts make mistakes - it is so easy to get infected if you are not thinking or concentrating.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
[Image Attachment]
Conclusion:
Norton Power Eraser isn't a Second-Opinion scanner, it's an aggressive malware-removal tool to eradicate stubborn malware which marks legitimate programs for removal.

I would consider there to be a difference between a true second-opinion scanner and a dedicated virus/malware remover. Your thoughts?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.