The best security config to Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
Could You advice me in the best security config to Windows 10 ?

I tried a lot of programs and now I realy don't know but in my opinion only windows defender dosen't do conflicts with system windows 10.

Recantly I installed appguard and my system starts work very slow.
Spyshelter firewall make some bugs like stops windows host

etc. ( i tried yet avira pro, avast, eset, emisoft )

that please write me whats should i try yet.

Reactions: DJ Panda

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
thanks Guys :)
do You use local, MS or admin account ?

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
You should have Malwarebytes Anti Exploit and a on demand scanners like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Zemana

Reactions: Noxx

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Windows 10 built in security is pretty good.
  • UAC > Max setting
  • Smartscreen
  • Defender
  • Windows Firewall
You could combine that with a Sandbox/VM and an anti exploit/executable program and have good protection with out much system impact.
  • I had some conflicts running ESS 9 on Windows 10(before the 12/15 cumulative update) and am running ESS Beta 10 right now on Windows 10 in VMware(so far so good).
  • I do however run ESS 9 on an Family desktop on Windows 10 without any issues
  • Emsisoft EAM or EIS run great on Windows 10. I run EIS on MY ROG & an older desktop both on Windows 10 without any problems.
  • I run KIS 2016 on a new home built desktop which also runs great on Windows 10 without any noticeable system impact.
There are many variables that come into play when finding out what is best for you and your system.If at all possible it would be best to test them on Windows 10 in a VM first but the only way you can know for sure is to try some out.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Building a security configuration wouldn't be easy sometimes like when it doesnt meet the compatibility.
The main part of the configuration is compatibility. Yes compatibility alone. Windows 10 have achieved those and its almost compatible with any products u install.
If you want to build a solid config then you may follow the recommendations as stated above, with that I have a few things to say.
  1. Install a good realtime antivirus(Already some products mentioned above)
  2. Install a on-demand scanner or malware analysis softwares like Malwarebytes Antimalware or Zemana Antimalware.
  3. With this I would highly suggest u a adblocker and a password manager.
  4. If u use/plug in USB Flash Drives then u may consider adding Mc Sheild Antimalware.
  5. Install Unchecky
  6. Finally keep ur UAC atleast default and a password for your local/admin account.

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
Thanks Guys
I realy tried sometimes standard account but I realy can't :)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
you could try webroot + voodooshield. they work well with each other and with windows 10.
If you want only free programs, so forget about webroot and just use windows defender, but add in malwarebytes anti-exploit.

Reactions: DJ Panda

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
I used Webroot on windows 8 and i was very happy from this product.

Out of curiosity could you link your config from the security config thread?
i have on other laptops.

Last edited by a moderator:

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
OK I understood now. I will put tomorow when I install again my system.
Thank and Regards

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I used Webroot on windows 8 and i was very happy from this product.
there is a relatively new product on the market called VoodooShield, it has a free version which is good for the average person, and it complements webroot pretty nicely. It is an anti-executable, which basically means that it stops anything new and unwanted from running on your computer, unless you say okay. So it is your second level of protection.

Reactions: Noxx
N

Noxx

Voodooshield is good, but you'll want to get the paid edition if you like the concept, because you literally can't configure anything because of restrictions.

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
I think so that better here will be paid version :)
I will see yet

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@neon Do you have a Security Configuration thread posted?

Out of the box, Windows 10 comes with protection against unwanted downloads and other threats. Not the complete suite, but the basic essentials. They can be replaced with third party solutions, but sometimes can cause more issues than what they're worth.

Remember to keep a clean System Image and Backups of your data, for emergency recovery.

The key to its success is the user behind the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.