The best software is the one that you know to work most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmary

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 27, 2011
In response to the questions asked when posting as a new user, I suggest people check out UCBrowser for a browser; it runs on a variety of platforms. After all, the best browser is the one that works most of the time. And doesn't that apply equally to OS's, operating systems, and Antiviruses as well?

Thanks for the warm welcome here at MalwareTips and hello to everyone!

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
the best browser is the one that works most of the time.
it is nice to have a browser that works across as many platforms as possible, but on the other hand, you really should consider security as well, when you choose a browser.

Chrome and Firefox are compatible with many platforms, and they have a lot of security features, especially Chrome. Firefox beats Chrome hands down in the privacy department, though. Edge beats both in security, but is very limited in platform.

It all boils down to what is important to you. Since this is a security forum, I don't think it would be out of place to push the "security first" agenda, which means: use Edge or Chrome for maximum security.

Last edited:

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Thanks for your reply. I revised my message to more clearly indicate that my comment was in response to the questions asked of new users. Sometimes it is tough to just pick one of the choices without wanting to clarify my choice.

I understand :) I switch around to different browser all the time and its hard to choose 1 at times. Welcome to MT! Big Hugs!!!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hi and welcome to the community!

Be sure to contribute here and enjoy your stay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.