Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Bitdefender Total Security 25.0.10.52
Firewall security
About custom security
Default settings just turned off password manager.
Periodic malware scanners
None
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
- Firefox (default)
- Vivaldi (for study)
-Chrome (work)
-Microsoft Edge Chromium (everyday browsing)
-Opera browser (social media)
Maintenance tools
Kerish Doctor
File and Photo backup
Koofr
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Professional Lifetime
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
HP Desktop 290 G1 MT
HP Notebook 250 G7
Acer Aspire E15
Acer Aspire ES1-572-586C

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I would as Virus and Malware Removal Tools: HMP and MalwareBytes Free...
Thank you for your suggestion. Actually I am on very tight budget these days (studying for MA degree in Applied Linguistics). So I will stick to EEK only. Hitman Pro is paid and I do not like Malwarebytes even though I have a three-year licesne. Anyway thanks for your suggestion.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Please specify the changes...
Thank you. The changes are reflected in the main box. Anyway, I have moved to Bullguard Internet Security. Removed opera browser and installed Vivaldi and Brave. Moved from 1Password to Enpass. Added Privacy Possum, Containers, Temporary Containers to Firefox. Finally I am using SurfEasy VPN (connected 24/7).

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Hi,
I did not realize that such a team exists. :)
Please note, that WD + ConfigureDefender is OK in the home environment (network protected by NAT router). Such protection also requires the Internet connection, because WD relies on it. If one uses the computer in an unsafe environment, then additional protection would be welcome (VPN, Banking protection, etc.).

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Hi,
I did not realize that such a team exists. :)
Please note, that WD + ConfigureDefender is OK in the home environment (network protected by NAT router). Such protection also requires the Internet connection, because WD relies on it. If one uses the computer in an unsafe environment, then additional protection would be welcome (VPN, Banking protection, etc.).

I am connected behind a V-Tech router at home. Will add a VPN protection soo but still have not made up my mind on which one to use.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
One device running MBP

That's @Nightwalker 's current setup, with WD of course!

Here's his reasoning, which makes sense to me:

"Anybody here using Malwarebytes 4 Premium as an anti-virus replacement?

While it isnt the best product in lab tests I can see that there is more than marketing about Malwarebytes positioning as such, considering the threat landscape of today (PUPs, exploits, ransomware and malvertising). it should be pretty good in the real world."

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.