Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Bitdefender Total Security 25.0.10.52
Firewall security
About custom security
Default settings just turned off password manager.
Periodic malware scanners
None
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
- Firefox (default)
- Vivaldi (for study)
-Chrome (work)
-Microsoft Edge Chromium (everyday browsing)
-Opera browser (social media)
Maintenance tools
Kerish Doctor
File and Photo backup
Koofr
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Professional Lifetime
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
HP Desktop 290 G1 MT
HP Notebook 250 G7
Acer Aspire E15
Acer Aspire ES1-572-586C

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
That's @Nightwalker 's current setup, with WD of course!

Here's his reasoning, which makes sense to me:

"Anybody here using Malwarebytes 4 Premium as an anti-virus replacement?

While it isnt the best product in lab tests I can see that there is more than marketing about Malwarebytes positioning as such, considering the threat landscape of today (PUPs, exploits, ransomware and malvertising). it should be pretty good in the real world."
Well, I have WD turned off. Only MBP (with MBBG) running with Adguard Desktop.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I have Bullguard Internet Security installed on my gaming pc (it does not slowdown or disrupt my gaming experience).
Trend Micro is installed on devices which are used for Academic research where sensitive files are stored (TM offers great ransomware protection)
EIS is installed on a laptop used for browsing and entertainment. Eset is light and offers great protection.
AVG is installed on my sister's laptop. She adores AVG and I make use of its hardened mode for she is a happy clicker (I have protected AVG settings with a password so that she cannot disable protection)
Malwarebytes has a potential and I have purchased a 4-year subscription and it is kinda light. It is running very well on my HP 250 G7 Laptop.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Most people suggest that MBP should not be run on its own and it is just to be used next to your main AV. Well, I do see it as a replacement. MB is a capable company and they developed their own technology. I am very careful when it comes to browsing habits. I believe MBP and MBBG are enough for me.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Well, I do see it as a replacement. MB is a capable company and they developed their own technology. I am very careful when it comes to browsing habits. I believe MBP and MBBG are enough for me.

As I suggested above. Happy, unwise clickers might want a companion.

I'm tempted to try it alone just for the heck of it but I've only recently installed BD Free. Maybe later. Let us know how you like it, my friend!

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
As I suggested above. Happy, unwise clickers might want a companion.

I'm tempted to try it alone just for the heck of it but I've only recently installed BD Free. Maybe later. Let us know how you like it, my friend!
Well, what encouraged me to try it is the 4-years of protection offered for $5 at StudentBeans. To be honest, MB is relatively heavier than other products that I tried as a first impression. Full scan is very fast. No bloat and no unneeded features.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Most people suggest that MBP should not be run on its own and it is just to be used next to your main AV. Well, I do see it as a replacement. MB is a capable company and they developed their own technology. I am very careful when it comes to browsing habits. I believe MBP and MBBG are enough for me.
All antivirus have disadvantages and advantages. If you are a careful user, you are not happy cliker ,and you don't download whatever crack you find on the internet, you have no problem getting infected. MBP it is quite a good product.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Hi: What advantages have you found moving to O&O DiskImage 14 from AOMEI Pro :):)

First, I have purchased O&O DiskImage 14 (lifetime). Second, it offers more features for example it allows you to merge incremental backups (if you have created 4 incrememntal backups after a full one, you can merge the four into single backup). It offers many encryption methods and it backups everything (Windows Update history does not get wiped after restoring a backup)

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
First, I have purchased O&O DiskImage 14 (lifetime). Second, it offers more features for example it allows you to merge incremental backups (if you have created 4 incrememntal backups after a full one, you can merge the four into single backup). It offers many encryption methods and it backups everything (Windows Update history does not get wiped after restoring a backup)
I remember you mentioning Windows Update a few weeks ago - I've not tried O&O for a while, thanks for reply.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
For some time I used Macrium Reflect but I ended up with issues I quite like AOMEI, it does the job a bit simplistic but OK - This PC is ready for a re-install but for now AOMEI works well.
Out of the three, I find that O&O is the only product that makes an exact system image without deleting files or logs nor reconfiguring the system.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.