Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Bitdefender Total Security 25.0.10.52
Firewall security
About custom security
Default settings just turned off password manager.
Periodic malware scanners
None
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
- Firefox (default)
- Vivaldi (for study)
-Chrome (work)
-Microsoft Edge Chromium (everyday browsing)
-Opera browser (social media)
Maintenance tools
Kerish Doctor
File and Photo backup
Koofr
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Professional Lifetime
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
HP Desktop 290 G1 MT
HP Notebook 250 G7
Acer Aspire E15
Acer Aspire ES1-572-586C

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
A review about Enpass? Pm or posted here will be fine :)
I can share my experience. First, I have a lifetime license (for I have purchased the iOS version years ago). I have been using Enpass 6 for some time and all I got is good experience. I am enjoying WebDav sync (I sync my vault to Koofr) and I like the print functionality that allows you to print all of your password. The most important feature for me is the custom fields (I know it is available in other password managers). It also offers support for generating OTP codes. Syncing your vault to a cloud of your choosing is sth great when it comes to security.

JohnB

Jan 2, 2018
Hello Cog,

The only suggestion that I would make to your configuration is that it looks like you are running you user account with full Admin privileges. You might consider downgrading your everyday user account from Admin to Standard User. Then, add a second user account that you use only for admin functions such as program installations. This strategy might buy you a little more time, and make it easier to remove some viruses if you get infected.

• Thanks
Reactions: Divine_Barakah

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
You might consider downgrading your everyday user account from Admin to Standard User. Then, add a second user account that you use only for admin functions such as program installations.
Can you downgrade an admin account without first creating a new admin account? Not that you are left on SUA and can't create a new admin?

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Thanks for your suggestion @JohnB
Should I create the SUA under "Your Family" or "Other Users"? Can I sign in using a Microsoft account in SUA?

JohnB

Jan 2, 2018
Thanks for your suggestion @JohnB
Should I create the SUA under "Your Family" or "Other Users"? Can I sign in using a Microsoft account in SUA?
I always create it under "Other Accounts" - a stand alone administrator account that you mainly use to control the machine and install programs, doesn't need to have a Microsoft email account associated it, so I always click on "Other Users", and then when it asks you for "How will this person sign in?" and wants and email address, look just below where you would put their email address and there is a blue link that says "I don't have this person's sign-in information". Click on that, and then you will get another screen that says "Create account". Look at the bottom of that screen and there is a option that says "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Click on this link and you can then just put in a user name and password, and give them administrator rights. Pick a user name is that is not obvious - don't use "Administrator". Use something else. I use "Installer".

I did this on my wife's computer, and especially my kids' laptops - and I don't let them know the Installer password. If they want to install any new programs on their laptops, they have to have me help them do it. Saves me the headache if they download something that will screw up their laptop. They always run as standard users now, and they don't care. They very rarely ever need me to user the Installer account to adjust anything on their computer. And they are just a little bit more protected in case they download a nasty virus or something.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.