The Company Securing Your Internet Has Close Ties to Russian Spies

nastynate

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
I wanted to have a discussion about the Antivirus "Kaspersky" obviously this is not the first time it has been accused of spying. If you google their is also other information as well. For me personally I just find it strange that Kaspersky is always on top of detections, cyber malware and other things and all the other antivirus providers are just incompetent when competing against. What's your take?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ity-kaspersky-has-close-ties-to-russian-spies

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
U can almost be sure that every big av company is "spying" if only they have 1 server in the us,they are under law from NSA and NSA have access to everything they want. Well,Kaspersky is maybe spying,but wich big av dosnt spy or need to give there data to someone? its a matter of trust. and kaspersky is always on top with some other like bitdefender/trendmicro/eset etc because these are big players and have much resources and big viruslabs to make done a nice job. I am more afraid of western security products because NSA can have access all over western countries if they want.

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
Eugene already refuted the points they used to accused him of this - the article is just beating a dead horse.

nastynate

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
Despite the fact that he refuted it or not this is still a cause of concern. Especially if you know Eugene background and how he got into the malware world.

Reactions: cruelsister

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
The Bloomberg article that essentially accused Eugene of being a spy was unbelievably simplistic and missed major points of which the author was probably unaware. The dissemination by (SVR) Directorate I to Kaspersky of the Equation Group data earlier this year would have been of a bit more interest, as well of K's gleeful uptake of FAPSI's SORM hardware on their servers.

Reactions: Kent

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.