The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is available now for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
HeffeD said:
elliotcroft said:
I've already got it on Xbox 360. I was mainly buying it on PC to be able to get Morroblivion, as Morrowind is kind of flawed in its engine.

That's putting it mildly! :p

Morrowind was pretty groundbreaking in its scope, (and the graphics were jaw-dropping when it came out) but it was an exercise in frustration to play...

There were entire areas I needed to avoid, because the game would crash every time I tried to go through. (It got worse as the game progressed, so I can only assume it had something to do with the amount of items in my inventory) So I would end up going very far out of my way to avoid these spots.

elliotcroft said:
How do you hit anything in Morrowind? I attacked an enemy around 40 times and didn't hit it once!

Small enemies like mudcrabs or rats were especially difficult to hit.

Morrowind was also extremely unbalanced. There were extremely powerful enemies in the starting areas, that you had absolutely no chance against. (of course, even mudcrabs could hand you your butt when you are just starting out) I was glad when they started using a scaling system for the enemy level. It absolutely sucked to encounter a level 20 baddie when you're level 2.
And without Fast Travel, to top it off! :shok:
Also, when I said that I couldn't hit enemies, I didn't mean rats or mudcrabs, I meant the enemies that were about twice the size of me!
Mind you, level scaling in Oblivion wasn't exactly playing it fair either, so I've heard. (I'm still at level 1, due to this. Shadowmere handles all of my damage dealing issues.)

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
elliotcroft said:
And without Fast Travel, to top it off! :shok:

Yeah, you did a lot of running in Morrowind. (I would run and continually jump to build up my athletics skill :p , so I was continually hopping across the countryside) At least you could travel between cities, (for a fee) but it was still a pain in the butt. Especially if you had spots you couldn't go through unless you wanted your game to crash.

elliotcroft said:
Also, when I said that I couldn't hit enemies, I didn't mean rats or mudcrabs, I meant the enemies that were about twice the size of me!

I knew what you meant. I was just making the further statement that fighting was a bit of a chore at the best of times in Morrowind.

elliotcroft said:
Mind you, level scaling in Oblivion wasn't exactly playing it fair either, so I've heard. (I'm still at level 1, due to this.

True, but nowhere near as bad as Morrowind. At least with Oblivion, they moved higher level caves/dungeons away from starting areas, and when you are just running (or hopping, in my case :blush: )along paths, you aren't going to stumble across a Golden Saint or similar creature that can one-hit kill you.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Oblivion plays surprisingly flawlessly on my Laptop. I never thought that my Laptop could play anything nearly as good as this game.
Also, if I look at system requirements lab, I can see that the only thing that does not meet the minimum requirements for this game is the clock speed, though AMD video cards tend to be faster than their Intel counterparts, so I'm not sure if a dual core 1.3 AMD GHz meets the minimum requirements or not.
Why is it that people say that Crysis is a top of the range game when I can get a far superior Elder Scrolls game with just as good graphics that doesn't require you to own the Millennium Falcon to play?
As M'aiq would put it:
'It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is. It only matters what one can do.'
Hail Sithis!

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
That's good to hear! I've only played the Elder Scrolls games on consoles, but the PC versions have a certain appeal that they have the console commands.

I had a few showstopper issues in Oblivion that it would have been nice to be able to restore an NPC who died because they fell off a bridge, or something. So much for 100% completion... :(

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
HeffeD said:
That's good to hear! I've only played the Elder Scrolls games on consoles, but the PC versions have a certain appeal that they have the console commands.

I had a few showstopper issues in Oblivion that it would have been nice to be able to restore an NPC who died because they fell off a bridge, or something. So much for 100% completion... :(
The console can also be a curse.
Temptation to use it can be overwhelming if you are struggling with something and it's harder to believe that someone achieved something fairly if they have the capacity to cheat with them.
Though I agree with the NPCs dying thing. I would very much like to be able to set NPCs as essential, if only to ease my mind during dragon attacks. Resurrect also would come in handy, as long as they can't suffer brain damage.
It would have also been nice to have had the console for the 'Restoration Ritual Spell' quest. I had to reload my game quite a few times due to the random time trial imposed on the quest before Colette seems to get rid of the Guardian Circle spell tome, despite her being obsessed with letting everybody know that restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic.
And also for the Spell Absorption glitch associated with conjuration magic. Since I used necromage, I've got a flat 0% chance to cast conjuration magic without it being absorbed.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
elliotcroft said:
Temptation to use it can be overwhelming if you are struggling with something and it's harder to believe that someone achieved something fairly if they have the capacity to cheat with them.

That is true.

elliotcroft said:
Though I agree with the NPCs dying thing. I would very much like to be able to set NPCs as essential, if only to ease my mind during dragon attacks.

Exactly. I'm really not sure why quest givers are able to die in the first place. You'd think Bethesda would have realized this is a problem by now. Especially in Skyrim where you can have a dragon land in an un-walled village.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
HeffeD said:
elliotcroft said:

That is true.

elliotcroft said:
Though I agree with the NPCs dying thing. I would very much like to be able to set NPCs as essential, if only to ease my mind during dragon attacks.

Exactly. I'm really not sure why quest givers are able to die in the first place. You'd think Bethesda would have realized this is a problem by now. Especially in Skyrim where you can have a dragon land in an un-walled village.
I've had a dragon land in Solitude before, so it's not just limited to un-walled villages.
I also wish that potential follower NPCs would stay as essential.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Now that you mention it, I had a dragon land in Solitude once as well. I haven't had that happen in any other walled cities though.

Yes, followers should also be listed as essential. They really aren't much use if you can't use any area of effect attacks for fear of killing them when they go down to their knees...

P

Plexx

For those who have Skyrim on Xbox 360, it has been released on Xbox Live the new DLC (Dragon Born):

Weighing in at 786.95 KB and priced at 1600 Microsoft Points (£13.71), the Skyrim Dragonborn DLC introduces dragon mounting and features a return to Solstheim, the setting for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind's Bloodmoon expansion.
You can queue up an Xbox Live Dragonborn download here. An official description of the content follows:

With Dragonborn, journey off the coast of Morrowind, to the island of Solstheim. Encounter new towns, dungeons, and quests, as you traverse the ash wastes and glacial valleys of this new land. Become more powerful with shouts that bend the will of your enemies and even tame dragons. Your fate, and the fate of Solstheim, hangs in the balance as you face off against your deadliest adversary - the first Dragonborn.

Source

Video available at: Source

As for PC and PS3 versions, we will need to wait for 2013, which includes me:( - Source

We’re also happy to announce Dragonborn will be available on PS3 and PC early next year.

As for the Dragon Born DLC Leaks (not sure if fully relevant for Xbox users since they already have available the DLC): Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.