The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is available now for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
elliotcroft said:
How am I guaranteed a bounty?

Because it's a scripted part of the quest. There is no way around it. Even if you cast an invisibility spell and nobody is aware of your presence in the room, you're still implicated in the murder.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
HeffeD said:
elliotcroft said:
How am I guaranteed a bounty?

Because it's a scripted part of the quest. There is no way around it. Even if you cast an invisibility spell and nobody is aware of your presence in the room, you're still implicated in the murder.
What quests are they?
I can't find anything about it in the UESP.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Has anyone got Dawnguard yet?
I'm enjoying being a Vampire Lord. People no longer attack you on sight at Stage 4 and the new form for Vampire Lords is nice and overpowered.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I haven't bought it yet. Although my sister did call last night saying I could use her key. :) She didn't understand how DLC works...

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Could I ask a PC player of skyrim to use a console command on one of my Xbox 360 save files?
I want J'zargo to be essential so that I don't need to have a ten digit fortify health amulet on him at all times because I'm paranoid about him dying.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
You could always use Mjoll the Lioness. She is already essential, so you don't have to worry about killing her. Granted, she isn't great at sneaking, (She is better than Lydia, and not as snotty...) but she's great for crowd control. Everyone will start attacking her and you can sneak up behind them and knife them in the back. :)

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
HeffeD said:
You could always use Mjoll the Lioness. She is already essential, so you don't have to worry about killing her. Granted, she isn't great at sneaking, (She is better than Lydia, and not as snotty...) but she's great for crowd control. Everyone will start attacking her and you can sneak up behind them and knife them in the back. :)
I've got her, but I'd like a Khajiit as a follower.
Plus, I want the blades to stay alive.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
HeffeD said:
elliotcroft said:
I've got her, but I'd like a Khajiit as a follower.

OK.

elliotcroft said:
Plus, I want the blades to stay alive.

Mjoll can be recruited into the blades.
I'd like my wife to stay at home so I can take her 100 gold per day. It's a real shame that you can't just get Aerin alone to go into the blades, since his only real purpose is to prevent Mjoll from being a follower should you ever kill him.
That being said, it's pretty easy to kill him without Mjoll batting an eyelid if you transform and make him hostile to you first.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I decided early on that it probably wasn't a good idea to marry a follower, so I married Camilla. (The sister of the Riverwood trader)

She's always there to give me money and make me pies. :)

Unfortunately, I married her after starting the Love Triangle quest, so sometimes I'll come home and Feandal is in my house with her. :( Completing the quest didn't make him go away.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
HeffeD said:
I decided early on that it probably wasn't a good idea to marry a follower, so I married Camilla. (The sister of the Riverwood trader)

She's always there to give me money and make me pies. :)

Unfortunately, I married her after starting the Love Triangle quest, so sometimes I'll come home and Feandal is in my house with her. :( Completing the quest didn't make him go away.
Why not? She's there to give me money wherever I go and she remains essential when you marry her.
Does the sister of the riverwood trader allow you to sell things to her with over 10000 septims?

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
elliotcroft said:
Why not? She's there to give me money wherever I go and she remains essential when you marry her.

I guess I misunderstood when you said you wanted her to stay home and give you 100 gold per day. I took that to mean that you didn't get the money if she was a follower. My apologies.

elliotcroft said:
Does the sister of the riverwood trader allow you to sell things to her with over 10000 septims?

No, only her brother. But that would be very nice if she also had that much money to spend. :)

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
elliotcroft said:

Unfortunately it is as we all know a known problem that Merchants do not have enough Septims to buy more stuff from your character. ( At least i think it is a problem. ) So after i found a certain mod on the Nexus, i started using it. It has been in my load list ever since. Some may call it a cheat, but i call it a mod that got rid of a irritating problem for me. :)

The Mod is called "Summon Shadow Merchant".

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10166

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Morro said:
elliotcroft said:

Unfortunately it is as we all know a known problem that Merchants do not have enough Septims to buy more stuff from your character. ( At least i think it is a problem. ) So after i found a certain mod on the Nexus, i started using it. It has been in my load list ever since. Some may call it a cheat, but i call it a mod that got rid of a irritating problem for me. :)

The Mod is called "Summon Shadow Merchant".

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10166
I was talking about the fact that investing 500 gold into the riverwood trader causes 10000 septims to be added to their available gold.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
elliotcroft said:
I was talking about the fact that investing 500 gold into the riverwood trader causes 10000 septims to be added to their available gold.

Ah i see, my bad.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
I just bought Oblivion Game of the Year edition on Steam for £14.99 and literally minutes later they've started a daily deal to get the same game for £5.06. I've been badly ripped off. :dodgy:
Five minutes later, to be exact.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
elliotcroft said:
I just bought Oblivion Game of the Year edition on Steam for £14.99 and literally minutes later they've started a daily deal to get the same game for £5.06. I've been badly ripped off. :dodgy:

I've had things like that happen more times than I care to remember. Any chance of them giving you some credit?

Does the download of the game of the year edition come with the expansion packs? (Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles)

I thought Knights of the Nine was bleh, but Shivering Isles was pretty entertaining.

About the only good thing about Knights of the Nine was that making the pilgrimage will neutralize any negative reputation that you have built up by doing the Thieve's Guild and Dark Brotherhood quest lines. So I would hold off on KotN until you've done those. (If you plan on doing those) Also, if you are planning on becoming the master of each faction, you'll want to do the Thieve's Guild before the Mage's Guild. The Mage's Guild will kick you out if you attack or steal from another member, and that will likely happen during the course of the Thieve's Guild quests, because you need to steal from some mages. Even if a mage attacks you first so you're behaving in self-defense, you'll still be kicked out, even if you're the Archmage.

If you do it the other way around, it's a good idea to be wearing gear that gives you 100% chameleon. This way, no mage will be able to see you stealing, so you will never be attacked. (100% chameleon also makes the Dark Brotherhood questline much easier, as you will never be seen committing any murders)

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
HeffeD said:
elliotcroft said:

I've had things like that happen more times than I care to remember. Any chance of them giving you some credit?

Does the download of the game of the year edition come with the expansion packs? (Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles)

I thought Knights of the Nine was bleh, but Shivering Isles was pretty entertaining.

About the only good thing about Knights of the Nine was that making the pilgrimage will neutralize any negative reputation that you have built up by doing the Thieve's Guild and Dark Brotherhood quest lines. So I would hold off on KotN until you've done those. (If you plan on doing those) Also, if you are planning on becoming the master of each faction, you'll want to do the Thieve's Guild before the Mage's Guild. The Mage's Guild will kick you out if you attack or steal from another member, and that will likely happen during the course of the Thieve's Guild quests, because you need to steal from some mages. Even if a mage attacks you first so you're behaving in self-defense, you'll still be kicked out, even if you're the Archmage.

If you do it the other way around, it's a good idea to be wearing gear that gives you 100% chameleon. This way, no mage will be able to see you stealing, so you will never be attacked. (100% chameleon also makes the Dark Brotherhood questline much easier, as you will never be seen committing any murders)
I've already got it on Xbox 360. I was mainly buying it on PC to be able to get Morroblivion, as Morrowind is kind of flawed in its engine. How do you hit anything in Morrowind? I attacked an enemy around 40 times and didn't hit it once!
I've done the Dark Brotherhood quests, and have done the Thieves guild quest in question while being part of the Mages guild. I didn't get any resistance, even from the person right next to me telling me I shouldn't be here. (This is on Xbox 360)
The go to answer to the Thieves guild quests for me was to gather up anyone hostile to me and finishing off the quest by introducing them to Shadowmere's Sparta kick.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
elliotcroft said:
I've already got it on Xbox 360. I was mainly buying it on PC to be able to get Morroblivion, as Morrowind is kind of flawed in its engine.

That's putting it mildly! :p

Morrowind was pretty groundbreaking in its scope, (and the graphics were jaw-dropping when it came out) but it was an exercise in frustration to play...

There were entire areas I needed to avoid, because the game would crash every time I tried to go through. (It got worse as the game progressed, so I can only assume it had something to do with the amount of items in my inventory) So I would end up going very far out of my way to avoid these spots.

elliotcroft said:
How do you hit anything in Morrowind? I attacked an enemy around 40 times and didn't hit it once!

Small enemies like mudcrabs or rats were especially difficult to hit.

Morrowind was also extremely unbalanced. There were extremely powerful enemies in the starting areas, that you had absolutely no chance against. (of course, even mudcrabs could hand you your butt when you are just starting out) I was glad when they started using a scaling system for the enemy level. It absolutely sucked to encounter a level 20 baddie when you're level 2.

I thought the mudcrab merchant was great in Morrowind. I set my teleport rings return spot on his island. That way I could overburden myself until I couldn't move, and teleport to him to sell all of my high-priced gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.