New Update The end of uBlock Origin for Google Chrome?

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Not sure on that. All most all people I know use some kind of Adblocker in their browser. Without Adblocker using internet these days is almost unbearable.

Unless you are working in a tech company, I can assure that more than 3 quarters of population don't use an adblocker for their browser. Even in the research company that I work for has negligible adblocker usership.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Unless you are working in a tech company, I can assure that more than 3 quarters of population don't use an adblocker for their browser. Even in the research company that I work for has negligible adblocker usership.
And that the real truth on our modern internet society. The masses don't care at all about security, privacy, ads, telemetry, etc...
They just want surf and interact/get laid via social medias.
So when I see some privacy-paranoid-keyboard-warriors going on war vs every tech giants, i just laugh, and sometimes it hurts my stomach so bad lol

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

As I said many times, Google didn't become a such powerful entity in 1 hour, like every others, it started from nothing, and people let it grew and even praised it. It is why I despise those newly self-discovered tech giants bashers/haters, I can't resist to ask them "where were you when Googgle/Facebook started? Ah you used them..."
You did nothing when you saw it, don't complain now.

I saw Google grew, used and still use its services, some remarkable, I won't spit on it because they try all they can to make money, I don't get directly penalized or hurt by them, so I have no reason to complain. Do I feel uncomfortable with their data mining? Sometimes yes thinking "wow you collect too much", but instead of going nuclear against them, i do what I can to reduce my internet footprints.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Good news. It's time for people to move back to Firefox. Chromium has become a near-monopoly. Firefox is for all of us who care about privacy.
Are you sure?

RKRN3

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 6, 2019
Never used Chrome in any of my laptops. I am quite happy with both the Edge variants but would like only the Chromium Edge to ship with next Windows 10 builds.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
You really believe so?

Yeah optimism is like heaven, reality brings you back to earth.

Privacy is lost whatever a party collect from you. An identity can be reconstructed from randomized datas.
Telemetry and collecting user data to track their activity to make a profile out of them is not the same. Firefox doesn't sell data to third parties and telemetries are essential for any products. Besides users can completely turn off everything.
Are you sure?
I've seen this before and in fact I was one of the user who told him to test it on Firefox and Edge chromium. For Firefox, the main thing most people were unhappy about is it was downloading Google safe browsing data directly from Google instead of a proxy like Brave. But most of us don't know how safe browsing works in Firefox. Firefox doesn't send your browsing data to google. Check this, How Safe Browsing works in Firefox

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
As I said many times, Google didn't become a such powerful entity in 1 hour, like every others, it started from nothing, and people let it grew and even praised it. It is why I despise those newly self-discovered tech giants bashers/haters, I can't resist to ask them "where were you when Googgle/Facebook started? Ah you used them..."
You did nothing when you saw it, don't complain now.

I saw Google grew, used and still use its services, some remarkable, I won't spit on it because they try all they can to make money, I don't get directly penalized or hurt by them, so I have no reason to complain. Do I feel uncomfortable with their data mining? Sometimes yes thinking "wow you collect too much", but instead of going nuclear against them, i do what I can to reduce my internet footprints.

I used the web too before Google, the original reason I & a close relative discovered the Google search engine was by far the fastest around & put many companies who are no longer around to shame - Chrome browser quickly changed many concepts now much copied & the speed & simplicity of using it for me made it a breath of fresh air so I too happily contributed to what Google is for a long time & still do.

However, as with many things in life I now feel it's collecting too much, & not what it was: For example: I have a friend I've known for over 35 years, we used to really get on & I liked him & traveled all over Europe & more, he has now become a millionaire through his businesses & his amazing acumen, but he has changed in a way I personally really find disturbing - I really don't hate him but he is no longer a person I want to be around. How he does things of course is fully his choice & I wish him well but he is no longer for me - Same with Google, I don't hate or despise it but I choose some alternatives & that's my choice, what I do is not going to change the world but maybe a little for me.

I'm not sure what going nuclear against a tech giant is but I will do things as I wish & that involves for me a variety of measures without making the web unusable.
Edited:

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Telemetry and collecting user data to track their activity to make a profile out of them is not the same. Firefox doesn't sell data to third parties and telemetries are essential for any products. Besides users can completely turn off everything.
Google doesn't sell your data. They definitely collect data on you but they don't sell that information, especially your personally identifiable info and not at all without your consent if they want to do so. Even if they are sharing the non-personally identifiable info, "for example, we share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services."

You can read about this on their Privacy policy page under Sharing your information.

I see there is a lot of misinformation being spread on the internet. Wise people tend to ignore it.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Google doesn't sell your data. They definitely collect data on you but they don't sell that information, especially your personally identifiable info and not at all without your consent if they want to do so. Even if they are sharing the non-personally identifiable info, "for example, we share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services."

You can read about this on their Privacy policy page under Sharing your information.

I see there is a lot of misinformation being spread on the internet. Wise people tend to ignore it.
Google's main source income comes from ads so they are an ad company themselves and they don't really need to sell your data. They already know a lot about you and can use that.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Google's main source income comes from ads so they are an ad company themselves and they don't really need to sell your data. They already know a lot about you.
which doesn't matter much if they don't harm you IRL, and i didnt see it happened yet.
Every place you go buy something with a credit card has more real datas on you than Google ever will.
Your bank knows everything and even can hamper your life because of it.
Compared to them, Google is peanuts.

Sure data collection isnt the best thing that can happen to you but it is not as big as some people says.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
which doesn't matter much if they don't harm you IRL, and i didnt see it happened yet.
Every place you go buy something with a credit card has more real datas on you than Google ever will.
Your bank knows everything and even can hamper your life because of it.
Compared to them, Google is peanuts.

Sure data collection isnt the best thing that can happen to you but it is not as big as some people says.
This is true but it can have a lot of consequences. Just cause it might not cause any real harm to an individual, doesn't mean one should let such companies do whatever they want. If so then it would be the same as saying that, "Rap* is just a surprise se*". Most companies track users without their consent. I'm not someone who completely boycotts every google services. I use a lot of their products and services and avoid the ones I can. Google Chrome and Google search are two of them.

Threadripper

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2019
Google paying mozilla to be the default search engine in firefox. How dare mozilla taking money from such evil?

Let's get serious. You are on internet, your privacy is gone. Use what you like the best and stop thinking about it
Mozilla are a charity, without Google's funding they would go under - assuming nobody else took their place.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.