• Microsoft

• Other (please specify in a comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Probably Fortinet, usually a 15 minute response time, rarely over 60 minutes. Almost always under 30 minutes. Provided of course, they're sent in to the proper email address.

submitvirus@fortinet.com

That goes directly into the analyst laboratory.

Sending a sample to Eset using their product usually takes 4 hours to be added. It seems that Fortinet is the fastest. Are the samples analyses automatically or done manually by humans?

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Why is this even relevant? If we relied on this way of protection by someone submitting a sample all the planet would have been infected.
I know! Let’s say that you encountered a malware sample caught by a BB or a simila component, submitting it for analysis and then it added to signatures will definitely help protect other users. Signatures are the first defense line. Never forget that if product x detected a piece of malware using BB, this might not be the case in another device using the very same product; many factors might cause this. I hope you got my point.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Voted kaspersky. Can totally agree with forticlient

But probably avast is the one against malware, since they have huge ( probably biggest) userbase?

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
its depend on the situation of their workers:ROFLMAO:
I see BitDefender add a malware lowver than 10 min & Eset lowver than 1 min...and also Forti over 1 week!
:cool:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's not a race. Fastest does not mean better.

You should praise the Security Researchers and Malware Hunters that discover the new threats, analyse them and make products better. AI and ML are on the rise to do whatever they do.

Last edited:

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
@Spawn Thanks for pointing this out! I believe Eset and Kaspersky are the best when it comes to naming (classifying) malware according to what the piece of malware does. It is not like other vendors who name any piece of malware Trojan.Generic and whatsover

Reactions: bribon77 and Nestor

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
its depend on the situation of their workers:ROFLMAO:
I see BitDefender add a malware lowver than 10 min & Eset lowver than 1 min...and also Forti over 1 week!
:cool:

I don't agree with you in case of BD. I have send them 3 serious pieces of malware this morning and they did not add them till now! Kaspersky, Eset and Sophos added them. Anyway I did notice that when you scan a file using Kaspersky VirusDisk the result it automatically reflected to their definitions on VirusTotal.com. Also, when Sophos web filter catches sth with heuristics, it appears as a detection on virustotal after seconds!

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
...and the answer is...

Bitdefender, Kaspersky & Symantec

The answer lies in the standard AV test labs. Since many of the samples tested are 'known' samples, the tests to some degree measure the speed of processing and adding signatures.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Well I voted for kasperky .. but eset is also very fast .. What many AVs mark very fast but they are not safe. it is not so in the case of Kaspersky what it says is safe .. And bitdefender too.

Reactions: Weebarra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.