The Galaxy S10 is so good that my Pixel 3 XL is going in a drawer

dash

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
The Galaxy S10+ is so good that my Pixel 3 XL is going in a drawer

"The Galaxy S10+ has the largest display, biggest battery, and the most base storage and RAM Samsung has ever fitted to a mainline Galaxy S handset. Its screen is the best and brightest of any phone on the planet, its processor the most advanced in any Android device, it has five cameras, and, oh: it’s really expensive."

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
The Galaxy S10+ is so good that my Pixel 3 XL is going in a drawer

"The Galaxy S10+ has the largest display, biggest battery, and the most base storage and RAM Samsung has ever fitted to a mainline Galaxy S handset. Its screen is the best and brightest of any phone on the planet, its processor the most advanced in any Android device, it has five cameras, and, oh: it’s really expensive."
Google should have went with 8GB RAM for best user experience instead of playing catch up like Apple. Its time for Google to Embrace Ultra Pixel based camera along with ultra wide lens (Dual camera config since Ultra Pixel can do Portrait and super wide rear camera and front camera will take it miles above current flagships and will rival Hasselblad in near future. They should tackle price issues and actually make it economical. I hope Google doesn't copy Nokia 9's camera style.
No lie, my Pixel 3 is headed for a drawer too. It's been sitting on top of my dresser since Wednesday. The phone is 5 months old.
Non XL version can get away unlike 3XL with 4GB RAM but 3 XL needs 6GB-8GB(4+4GB dual channel 2133MHz DDR4L) for best experience. Most phones stick with single channel DRAM otherwise users will never upgrade. Once you go dual channel you won't go back. Damn, dual channel almost reach 30GB/s eclipsing my 2 laptops combined.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I've gotten off the 'buy new phone every year' trick a couple of years back.

Now what I do is wait a couple generations, then upgrade when the price point reaches a sweetspot. For example I upgraded to Galaxy s7 Edge for dirt cheap when the s9's came out. A perfectly excellent phone. My next upgrade will likely be to the s9 once the s11 or s12's come out, for dirt cheap most likely.

Right now, a refurb Galaxy s7 Edge in mint condition is a mere $150ish and is a superb performer. The s8 is dropping to around $250 now since the s10 has arrived. s9's shaved off $100 in price (refurb) in the last two weeks alone, and are around $399 now. Stay 1-2 gens behind and reap the benefits while people jumping on the latest ones toss their money into the trash.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I think someone is in love but come on man .......... with a phone :p

Can't beat a Galaxy ............... had mine for years and it barely works but i don't fit in to the category of having the latest anything so i bought a new battery instead and it should last another 4 or 5 years at least :ROFLMAO:

dash

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
Jokes on you for buying one. All the leaks were true.
The Pixel 3 isn't bad lol. I didn't get the XL, mine doesn't have a notch. It has some S8-type bezels. It gets updates basically on Day 1. Every time. EVERY Security patch, never misses a month. Guaranteed 3 years (minimum) of software updates and support. The latest hardware, though not usually the most (RAM etc). Stock + Pixel enhancements Android, it's pretty good stuff. A solid phone. I'd take it over almost every other choice out. S10+ beats it down though!

Last edited:
Reactions: upnorth

dash

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
I think someone is in love but come on man .......... with a phone :p

Can't beat a Galaxy ............... had mine for years and it barely works but i don't fit in to the category of having the latest anything so i bought a new battery instead and it should last another 4 or 5 years at least :ROFLMAO:
This thing is BADASS. But yeah, in love. Blah. But a phone is my favorite type of computing device, it's HUGELY importante to me.

I'm quickly learning to respect the Galaxy brand. It's a late conversion, but I'm #TeamGalaxy at least for now.. crazy I even just said that, considering how much of a Google nut I am. I hope you're blessed with a shiny new Galaxy Note10 in a few months (but don't look at me, I'm broke now lol) @Weebarra

Last edited:
Reactions: upnorth

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
This thing is BADASS. But yeah, in love. Blah. But a phone is my favorite type of computing device, it's HUGELY importante to me.

I'm quickly learning to respect the Galaxy brand. It's a late conversion, but I'm #TeamGalaxy at least for now.. crazy I even just said that, considering how much of a Google nut I am.

Ok, you convinced me. I'm going to check out the Galaxy. I have not looked at one closely since the Galaxy 6.

Reactions: upnorth and dash

dash

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
Ok, you convinced me. I'm going to check out the Galaxy. I have not looked at one closely since the Galaxy 6.
Ha, sweet! Check out the S10+ unless you like a smaller form factor or don't wish to spend $1K. In which case, check out the regular S10 ($899) or the S10e ($749). Tmo has them for up to $390 off right now, ATT has them BOGO free. Tmo also has a deal for like unlimited plan plus the phone for $40/mo. Pretty sure. Assuming you're in the US.

Reactions: upnorth and Burrito

dash

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
The downsides, I'll tell you right now, the cons.. Sammy installs a little bit of bloat (mine had Facebook, Spotify, and a few T-Mobile apps), system software updates take a good 6 months or more to come to the device. Security patches can take a little while too. But it has Knox for security, plus Android as a whole has shifted into a modular mode, where lots of system stuff is now packaged into apps you can update via the Play Store (so system updates are a lot less important now). But yeah, slow updates, redundant apps, some bloat. It's not perfect but it's the closest thing to it right now IMO.

Reactions: upnorth and Burrito

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.