The geniuses at DNC realized their emails were hacked, then EMAILED new passwords to everyone

D

Deleted member 65228

They should of used Kaspersky ;)
I don't think it would have helped them much. If someone is capable of e-mailing new passwords from the account which had become compromised (as long as the account information had not been re-updated such as the password and security questions, and/or that the breach was due to an still-existent malware infection) then who knows what they are capable of! Maybe even capable of allowing detected malware classed as "Trojan.BankingMalwareDoNotAllow" to be allowed.

I really hope normal every-day people start getting involved more on how to stay safe online, and that a law comes through for most countries which makes it mandatory for all company employees to be given a course (even a short one would be beneficial) on cyber-security for their own sake but also a companies.

You cannot help someone who does not want to be helped, and security software goes well with common sense. Without that common sense factor, nothing will protect the user. It is a cold world, but if people really want to be safe they need to start becoming educated...

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I don't think it would have helped them much. If someone is capable of e-mailing new passwords from the account which had become compromised (as long as the account information had not been re-updated such as the password and security questions, and/or that the breach was due to an still-existent malware infection) then who knows what they are capable of! Maybe even capable of allowing detected malware classed as "Trojan.BankingMalwareDoNotAllow" to be allowed.

I really hope normal every-day people start getting involved more on how to stay safe online, and that a law comes through for most countries which makes it mandatory for all company employees to be given a course (even a short one would be beneficial) on cyber-security for their own sake but also a companies.

You cannot help someone who does not want to be helped, and security software goes well with common sense. Without that common sense factor, nothing will protect the user. It is a cold world, but if people really want to be safe they need to start becoming educated...

I know, it was just a joke since Democrats and Republicans are bashing Kaspersky.

gorblimey

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
law comes through for most countries which makes it mandatory for all company employees to be given a course

Like my daytime employer. He has a server so we plebeians can use his iPads to monitor our jobs onsite... It fails all known security tests, to the point where only IE can be used to access all facilities without crashing on home computers. Apparently Secure Comms with TLS are too expensive?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.