The laptop table which I made using a PS2 Box, but is it functional?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
:welcomewave:

Here I will show you a laptop table that I made using a fan and a PS2 Box. :D I made it just for fun (a few months ago). Here is a preview of it:

hPR3.jpg

aEqcG.jpg

fIc18.jpg

S86qP.jpg

eJvg3.jpg

YIAFR.jpg

Is it functional? And what are your thoughts about it?

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Well going from looks alone it's hard for me to say if it is functional at all, so you would have to run speccy + speedfan and do some before and after tests for a test period of 1-2 hours for us to compare. Then we could all see if it works or not... it looks very creative so well done to you for creating such a contraption (mean in the strange, not badly sense of the word) and look forward to you performing the temp tests if you decide to do so.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
It looks great but, I would not think that it is functional because it is made out of a cardboard box. Plus I am confused to what it is used for?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
AyeAyeCaptain said:
Well going from looks alone it's hard for me to say if it is functional at all, so you would have to run speccy + speedfan and do some before and after tests for a test period of 1-2 hours for us to compare. Then we could all see if it works or not... it looks very creative so well done to you for creating such a contraption (mean in the strange, not badly sense of the word) and look forward to you performing the temp tests if you decide to do so.

Thanks for your feedback :) I am executing your commands :p

McLovin said:
It looks great but, I would not think that it is functional because it is made out of a cardboard box. Plus I am confused to what it is used for?

I found the PS2 Box to be powerful, so I used it to make the table. lol I got that idea when I was in my bed and not being able to sleep, so after a few days, the electricity was cut off, I got the box and made the table (because I had nothing to do). :lol:

Thanks for your feedback :)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
functional... sure is but I don't know how effective. If your laptop is to hot then I suggest taking a laptop cooler with a large fan (140mm or bigger) such as Zalman NC3000 (220mm fan).

Tell me the specs of your laptop or the model. I will also need the idle and the max temps

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You asked us is it functional? I say have you tried it? :)

Btw, I would never damage my Playstation boxes. :p

I still have all my boxes intact PlayStation (1997), PS2 (2002), PS3 60GB (2007) and PS3 Slim (2009).

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Any update on the tests on before and after with regards to temps (use speccy) as I think you failed at the command line to execute *LOL* ;)

@Earth

I've had them all too, but due to the excess hammering of daily gaming, each slowly died after constant use. Never was one for keeping my boxes in tact though, unlike you matey.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
AyeAyeCaptain said:
Any update on the tests on before and after with regards to temps (use speccy) as I think you failed at the command line to execute *LOL* ;)

No, I am not finding the right time to do it as my exams are about to begin. :( Commands.exe failed to start. :p

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I got the results (not that much functional, in my opinion).

CPU Temperatures:

Without fan (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, completely idle for 35 minutes):
Highest Temperature: 65 Degrees Celsius
Lowest Temperature: 46 Degrees Celsius
Most Common Temperature: 48 Degrees Celsius

With Fan (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, completely idle for 35 minutes):
Highest: 60 Degrees Celsius
Lowest Temperature: 45 Degrees Celsius
Most Common Temperature: 47 Degrees Celsius

What do you think about it?

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
I got the results (not that much functional, in my opinion).

CPU Temperatures:

Without fan (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, completely idle for 35 minutes):
Highest Temperature: 65 Degrees Celsius
Lowest Temperature: 46 Degrees Celsius
Most Common Temperature: 48 Degrees Celsius

With Fan (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, completely idle for 35 minutes):
Highest: 60 Degrees Celsius
Lowest Temperature: 45 Degrees Celsius
Most Common Temperature: 47 Degrees Celsius

What do you think about it?

well you get -5C on highest I take my advice and buy a zalman NC3000. I use it and I don't want to be with out it.

My Zalman NC3000 makes sure that my cpu doesn't throttle. With this I can fold (gpu) and grid (cpu) at 100% without the cpu throttling. without my zalman NC3000 the cpu will throttle down to 1,4GHz (default frequency is 2.0 GHz)

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Valentin N said:
well you get -5C on highest I take my advice and buy a zalman NC3000. I use it and I don't want to be with out it.

My Zalman NC3000 makes sure that my cpu doesn't throttle. With this I can fold (gpu) and grid (cpu) at 100% without the cpu throttling. without my zalman NC3000 the cpu will throttle down to 1,4GHz (default frequency is 2.0 GHz)

Interested about Zalman NC3000. Is Zalman NC3000 available in all countries?
http://www.techpowerup.com/img/10-03-04/zalman4.jpg

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Valentin N said:

should be. otherwise ask some people if they can buy it and send it to you. it might be expensive but an option.

The 220mm fan is amazing.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Something like that is what I'm going to get for my laptop.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are these temps are you cleaned your laptop?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Valentin N said:
Have you looked if the computer is clean, without dust (as it was when you first bought it)

No. It is 8 months old (but will trap a lot of dust, I think :p)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.