The mystery behind Shadow Defender's original developer "Episode 2 : The Return"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
ok,

So for people who didn't follow the story:

1- Tony as he was called, is the original developer of Shadow Defender until V.326

2- he suddenly disappeared from the scene without any infos to the forum mods then shows no sign of life. some thought he may be dead.

3- Shadow Defender v.331 appeared from nowhere under the banner of a chinese company, most users and forum mods think it may be a rogue or malicious version and therefore didn't recommend to use it.

4- The forum was not under control anymore since the mods don't have all admin rights, it become targets of spammers of all sort.

5- the last mod ("SDdmod" aka Patrick) stopped monitoring the forum. and now become active only on Wilders.
trying sometimes to contact Tony or anyone to get some answers about the v.331.

Now the story take a new path !

6- SDmod sent an email (in case of) to have some explanations; and suddenly got an answer after months of silence. !

sdmod said:
Well! Some news, good, I hope, I've had a reply to my email to Tony explaining what has happened but really not enough information (at this stage) to be sure that it really is Tony, so I've replied and asked for more detailed information.

This is not a verbatim (for respectful reasons) but

The gist of his reply was that he has not been on the internet for a long time for personal reasons, he doesn't speak English much and he uses Google translate and the Shadow Defender Forum was asked to be taken down by his space server provider who requested to close it because it was spammed by viruss.

I'll post when I hear more.

7- Tony (real or not?) may be in fact chinese and claim the next version of Shadow defender will be Win8 compatible.

sdmod said:
Even though I would be happier with more information, if this is Tony, then I don't want to be "interrogative" to the point of rudeness. If he has had some personal problems that kept him from communicating or from maintaining his role as "support", I'm willing to give it a chance to see if the support is kept up for members/users and to see if the new version appears.
It does appear that there is now some contact with the Shadow Defender site which hasn't happened for a very long time
Tony has said that a new version is coming out to support Windows 8.
I believe that the real Tony is the only person that could make that happen and if there are substantial changes to the software, (more than superficial) and regular knowledgable support contact with members then I think we will all be able to see it.

Patrick

to be continued ...

:D

Note: I have to admit since i am a fervent user of Shadow Defender, that story give me good times, feel like a good novel ^^

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Now I know why Polaris have turned into Corporation because sometime all power in individual hand is dangerous.:p
Sorry for going off topic.

I don't use Shadow defender anymore and I find many alternative in today's market unlike few years back

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.