The new iPhone SE for 2020 ($399)

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Now, I don't mess with Androids much these days, but there are more infected Androids than Windows PCs.
Do you have any source to back up your claim? I'm not saying that you are wrong, but I can't recall ever seeing a comparison of infection rates between Android and Windows.
do you know what many of these Androids have in common? Outdated OS versions.
As I've already said, I've never got infected. If I ever do, I'll consider switching to a newer version.

I don't care too much about "what if" scenarios, that most likely will never happen. Please don't misrepresent what I posted, by saying that I was advising others to do that same. As I stated, I was talking about my own personal experience and what I choose to do.

ebocious

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 25, 2018
Do you have any source to back up your claim? I'm not saying that you are wrong, but I can't recall ever seeing a comparison of infection rates between Android and Windows.
I thought you'd never ask. Need more?

I don't care too much about "what if" scenarios, that most likely will never happen. Please don't misrepresent what I posted, by saying that I was advising others to do that same. As I stated, I was talking about my own personal experience and what I choose to do.
Again, what are you doing here, passing time? I don't know if you're aware, but this isn't Facebook; people come here for advice. If you post in these forums that you use outdated OS versions and supposedly haven't been infected in years, while giving no disclaimers/advice for anyone else, then you are effectively recommending that others follow your lead.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Thanks for the link. But that does not change the fact that none of my Android devices have ever been infected.
Again, what are you doing here, passing time? I don't know if you're aware, but this isn't Facebook; people come here for advice. If you post in these forums that you use outdated OS versions and supposedly haven't been infected in years, while giving no disclaimers/advice for anyone else, then you are effectively recommending that others follow your lead.
If I'm recommending something, I say that I am. A pretty simple to concept to understand for most people, but I know that you like making inflammatory posts, for whatever reason.

ebocious

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 25, 2018
If I'm recommending something, I say that I am. A pretty simple to concept to understand for most people, but I know that you like making inflammatory posts, for whatever reason.
Nice cop-out. But what percentage of advisory posts here say "I recommend"? I understand you're embarrassed, but it's easier to forgive someone for being wrong than for being right, as they say. If you were to be an adult and say something like, "good point," rather than fight tooth and nail against the agony of correction, I guarantee it will look more favorably upon you.

• HaHa
Reactions: Nevi and roger_m

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It's good practice to keep all OSes updated.
I agree with that. I am running Windows 10 on all of my PCs, even ones which came with XP installed. However, the only way I can run a current version of Android on my phone, is to install custom firmware. There are two issues that come to mind with custom firmware. Sometimes it can be quite buggy. The majority of custom firmware lacks OTA updates, which means that to install updated versions, you need manually download and flash the new firmware, wiping your phone in the process.

However, I am considering install MoKee ROM, as it includes OTA updates.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
What i always do is buy the cheapest phone with up to 1.5 year flagship processor and install lineage
Btw the best deal this year was the lenovo gt 5 pro its almost identical to the k20 pro spec wise has lineage 17.1 port and was around 160$ on black Friday for the 8gb 128gb version!

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.