The new OnePlus 8 Pro ($699 & $899) - More Flagship, Less Flagship-Killer

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OnePlus is planning to launch both the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro in the US on April 29th, and April 21st in Europe.
  • The regular OnePlus 8 will be priced at $699 for an 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage model, and $799 for a 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage option.
  • The OnePlus 8 Pro will come in two prices: $899 for 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage or $999 for 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.
So the big question if you want to buy a OnePlus device is whether a $200 price premium is worth it for a slightly better camera, an IP rating, and wireless charging. If it’s not, then the OnePlus 8 is a great option.

Source(s):
8: OnePlus 8 review: familiar formula
8 Pro: The OnePlus 8 Pro has a 120Hz screen, quadruple camera, and costs $899

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
Voted for 'Previous OnePlus models' specifically because of the OnePlus 7 Pro. T-Mobile still has the '8 GB RAM/256 GB storage' version for $450. I don't think the OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro offer a significant upgrade over the 7 Pro (or even the 7T) to justify the price increase.

The only other phones, besides the OnePlus 7 Pro, that I've been looking at is the LG V60, any versions of the S10, and the upcoming Pixel 4a.

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
Yeah I much preferred the 7 Pro's approach of an uninterrupted display with the selfie cam being hidden. At first I was concerned about the longevity of a motorized pop up camera when it was first released, but I have seen no complaints from long-time users about the durability of the mechanism.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I still have my oneplus 5t ( voted previous models ) its about to be 2.5 years old now and still feels overkill. It gets android 10 later this year so it has quite long lifespan.

Oneplus just killed their brand with the flagship phones (high priced , compared to previous models) , it feels like if i would buy phone right now it would be mid priced ( 500 eur) and there is only nokia wich suits for me currently

If nokia can provide decent hardware & mid price phone later this year they could shine

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.