The new Panda Cloud Antivirus 2.9 BETA is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordman

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 18, 2013
We have made some really important changes to the product and we’d like to show it to you first, before we officially release the new Panda Cloud Antivirus 3.0.

Beta versions are the best way to collect feedback and receive your suggestions so that we can develop the Panda Cloud Antivirus that best satisfies your needs. That’s why we’d like to encourage you to test this new Beta version and help us improve!

You can download the beta from http://acs.pandasoftware.com/cloudantivirus/beta29/PandaCloudAntivirus.exe

These are some of the new improvements included in the 2.9 Beta:

Entirely new look & feel. More modern, more intuitive. Easier than ever. Play with it, add/remove modules and customize it to suit your needs.

New Wi-Fi Monitor. Find out if someone is stealing your Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi monitor shows a list of all devices that are currently connected to your network, helping you discover if there is an intruder on your Wi-Fi network.

Lighter and more secure than ever. As you already know, our obsession is to improve protection capabilities and product performance with every new version. This Beta is no exception. We are aware that we need to continue evolving Panda Cloud Antivirus to confirm the exceptional results obtained in the latest comparative tests and, most importantly, to keep your trust.

As Panda Community members you can influence the way Panda Cloud Antivirus evolves and protects more than 30 million users all over the world.

BIG THANKS for helping us improve Panda Cloud Antivirus!

http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum/ann.jspa?annID=50325

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Screenshots
  • Softer greys and blues, square-cut buttons.

upload_2014-2-17_17-26-20.png

• Panda Security Toolbar for IE and FF for additional Web Protection and Yahoo! Web Search.
  • Browser hijacking, with consent.

upload_2014-2-17_17-26-30.png

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
In this beta version, did Panda get improvements in malware detection & removal rate? how about it's zero day protection? did it improved? thnx :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No one can answer that until the final product is released, but they do appear to be committed to provide top protection. View the changelog for what's new.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I already viewed it. i only like " New Wi-Fi Monitor ". if it's detection & removal rate not increased then no useful for me.

Reactions: Venustus

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Nor any technological breakthroughs)), the same toolbar, the same panda

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Off-topic:
If you're looking for 99.99% protection and removal, you'll be sadly disappointed, as an AV alone cannot provide those levels of protection.

Also as a PC user, I'd rather spend more time learning the dangers of the web and how to avoid falling a victim to scams, malware or other online risks, instead of sorting after who has the highest detection rates.

Operating machinery is dangerous, but acknowledging the warnings and taking precautions, you can minimise the risk of injury.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
First, I didn't said 99% removal or detection rate in any of my comments. I saw last review of Panda cloud AV & it perform not so good specially the behaviour blocker compare to other AV. Panda did improve it's web guard protection. I was just asking him to know if they really gonna improved in official version 3.0 If panda didn't then it's better to use free version of qihoo 360 which outperform panda. Anyways, keep going Panda :D

Off-topic:

Also as a PC user, I'd rather spend more time learning the dangers of the web and how to avoid falling a victim to scams, malware or other online risks, instead of sorting after who has the highest detection rates.

Operating machinery is dangerous, but acknowledging the warnings and taking precautions, you can minimise the risk of injury.

I know better at this topic , no need me to rewind back. but i update myself ;)

Last edited:

adyblueboy

Level 2
Verified
Feb 15, 2014
Off-topic:
If you're looking for 99.99% protection and removal, you'll be sadly disappointed, as an AV alone cannot provide those levels of protection.

That the most of them don't understand..

Infrared

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Feb 15, 2014
Good to hear that panda is starting to step up i never really been a fan but if they do something new for a change then maybe i will give it a chance....

G

Guest28

So............ Panda what is the point in detecting threats you do not block and still let run apon detection? I really hope this is a beta Problem only. Because detected threats are allowed to run. See attached screen shot.
aLpEuVU.png

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest28

Just installed the regular version of panda and the same thing. The file was detected but not stopped. They have the detection rate but no way to block files lol....

ginzon

Dec 17, 2013
So they collect data on cloud for their Global Protection Suite :p :rolleyes: o_O
And people feel they are protected...

Btw even Pro version is the same? I have Pro..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.